Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Ass Grass or Cash

ELKCHSR

I didn't want to put any ass, or share the cash, so you guys will get the grass..

Here is some thing that I wanted to get some pictures of.

On my walks, I see lots of species of grass...

This was all in the space of less than half a mile...

Most people walking any where only see one type, "Green", stop and start paying attention to your surroundings you will see a lot more variety than what meets the simple eye....

100_0486Small_original.jpg

100_0487Small_original.jpg

100_0488Small_original.jpg

100_0491Small_original.jpg

100_0494Small_original.jpg

100_0493Small_original.jpg

100_0492Small_original.jpg

100_0515Small_original.jpg

100_0520Small_original.jpg

100_0519Small_original.jpg

Attachments

• 64193.jpg
    64193.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 64194.jpg
    64194.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 64179.jpg
    64179.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 201
HAHAHA!!!! I see one of the admins was playing with the posts.. ;)

I wonder who... :eek: :p

Some of that stuff won't grow up here... :D

I go to the edit area and some of the pics are invisible that are supposed to be there... ;)

I am headed out the door now to conduct some "range assessments". I am on a team with some frickin' dirt nerds (soil scientist) and veg dudes (range mgmt spec). I don't know why they ignore the birds and game I point out, but get fired up about some odd forb. :rolleyes:

So, what's the names for all those, are they any good? I'd like to learn more about plants, someday, especially the ones deer eat around here.

There attachments elkchsr. just have to click manage attachments
I wonder how many people passed them up ;)

Delw

Del... :) lol... Not to worried about it, It does make for a little fun... :)

Tom...

I am starting some stuff in Survival, come on up and see what you can learn, there will be input by some I'm hoping, if not, thats OK.. :)

Overgrown, weeds and crab grass everywhere. Stray dogs running around, have you been in my backyard ?

LOL... This is stuff I see every time I go out, along with a lot of the other plants and beasties that frequent the places I wander... :D

It drives some people around me nuts after awhile because I will just reach down and pick 4 leaf clovers or different bugs out of what they thought was thin air.. ;)

Or as some of the pics of the Magpie, I see birds and things hiding in places others just don't see any thing... :D

It's kind of fun..

I just came back from a little power hike and can note a number of different plants and critters that I saw on the walk... No pictures today, the wife went to a family reunion and took the camera with her... :)

Can I buy one of those, are the cheap and is it some thing that I can use my Walmart discount card on.. :D

Miller, that's because we [veg dudes (range mgmt spec)] do all the work! :D ;)

Elkchsr- Must've been near some water, as most of what I see in the 4th picture appears to be sedges and not grasses. Unless it's a species I can't ID that first one is not a good one to have around (cheatgrass). Looks like you have some crested wheatgrass, basin wildrye, and bluebunch wheatgrass in there as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back