Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

As they lay

Here's a variation on the topic. I found this mostly intact skeleton while stalking an elk last month. Based on its condition and location I'm guessing that last year a hunter shot this bull and lost it in the thick steep terrain.View attachment 301392
That is “thick” to you? I am guessing you don’t get up to the northern part of Idaho much. 😀

😄 Nope, I grew up hunting the desert and don't deal well with the truly thick timber. The trees were a lot thicker behind me when I took that photo though, he was laying on the edge.

I have lived here all my life and have never been further north than Grangeville. I vaguely remember 1 brief trip to Elk City about 30 years ago.

Last edited:
😄 Nope, I grew up hunting the desert and don't deal well with the truly thick timber. The trees were a lot thicker behind me when I took that photo though, he was laying on the edge.

I have lived here all my life and have never been further north than Grangeville. I vaguely remember 1 brief trip to Elk City about 30 years ago.
Plenty of timbered hell awaits you further north.

IMG_0595.jpeg

This is one of my favorite threads. Always so exciting when first approaching the downed animal.
No matter how well you think you hit it, if it ran off, I get this pang of anxiety until I see it down, and I always get this huge rush of relief when I find it. Same thing when the dog comes up with a wounded/dead bird that you couldn't find.

Back