Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

As they lay

My first muzzy and my first TN buck. Shot five hours ago.

I got on him and his doe around 7:30am at 40 yards…saw them while I gently walking to my spot and just froze…they didn’t have my scent and the woods are pretty heavy. I went semi prone behind a fallen tree root ball…90 minutes of feeding and meandering and patience and the buck gave me about 12” window on his shoulder at just under 40 yards. He went straight down on the shot.

I’m stoked! But the story doesn’t end there.

Part 2…as I’m stripping the hide off and starting quarter him…a monster 12 point walks not 20 yards behind me, paying me absolutely zero attention.

Part 3…not 10 minutes later a tall spike walks up within 20 feet of me, chewing his cud, looking right at me. He stood there for at least 5 minutes while I pulled a shoulder off. He finally just turned and meandered away.IMG_9088.jpegIMG_0322.jpeg

Awesome buck, congrats! Would love to read a story about your hunt.
I wish I had more of an intense story. I’d never seen the buck before. He’d been living in Canada as I know Canadians who had pictures of him. There was a herd of about 15 does that had been crossing back and forth spending a lot of time recently on the MT side that I’d been keeping tabs on. Suddenly, there he was one morning with them about 200 yards onto the MT side. With my luck, I assumed they’d head back into Canada before I got a chance. Lol. But I got some luck, and they bedded mid morning on the right side. Fortunately I already had permission on this land and had an easy 600 yard or so stalk through a low spot followed by about a 50 yard belly crawl. I shot him in the lungs in his bed from 150 yards. He got up and made it about 5 steps and was done. Oddly enough, I’ve been watching this area a lot for the last 15 seasons in open country because it’s next to the border, and This is the first muley I’ve ever seen on the MT side there that would break 160.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back