Caribou Gear Tarp

As they lay

Go ahead and pull those weeds while you’re there will ya?
With this gentle fall some were still blooming. I plan to ask/tell the landowner I’m doing some spraying next year. That said huge patches of scotch thistle lead to close range shots on deer

I got the drop on a muley doe and triplet fawns on a bend in a big couleee fifty yards away. It was windy as hell. Forecast was 26 mph and I'm sure it was twice that up on top. The animals were staying low. All they could see was my head and not spooked. I kept an eye on them thinking something more deserving of a bullet might come for a visit. Suddenly I saw something golden coloured streak half way down the coulee bank behind and above the deer. I put the scope on it. Wiley Coyote was stalking my deer! Hmmm. Didn't have time to check my rifle after the long drive to Montana. So ... bang, thump, and coyote rolls to the bottom of the coulee. The four deer milled around before I finally pushed them over the top. When I came back down the coulee an hour later they were back in the bottom again just around the corner. Helluva shot in that wind offhand.20221030_103745.jpg20221030_104052.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back