Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Article about solar farm impacts

Was that project CVSR on the Carrizo Plain?
No, it was in the chuckwalla valley. Close to the community referenced in the article. If memory serves, CVSR was by the same developer at that same time and received much of the same scrutiny over federal assistance.

That little development looked like zombieland back when I was there. Lots of abandoned/unlivable houses and it seemed like a good portion of residents in the area were there for the project. The 55+ community portion must be the nicer part of it. Google maps images makes it look like they cleared out a bunch of the abandoned places now. Unique area for sure but so is most of the CA desert when it comes to residences.

other issue is there also isn't grid infrastructure to support it and building grid infrastructure to handle that kind of capacity in a city is a hell of a lift. I think the problem with utilities when it comes to localized solar is if it is going to backfeed into their grid, their distribution is not designed to manage or handle that additional generation.
Several years ago I’d read that a new building in downtown Portland had solar installed (to be “green”) but it would take about 80 years to recoup the cost of installation/solar tech

Edit: 109 years. From the a 2018 article:

“It's the new Multnomah County Courthouse, a 17-story, $325 million, state-of-the-art public edifice that will include 44 courtrooms and new offices for the Multnomah County district attorney.

And it has another pricey feature: a state-mandated solar energy system that will take more than a century to pay for itself.

An Oregon Department of Energy report shows Multnomah County will spend $6.6 million on what the state calls green energy technology, or GET, investments at the courthouse. The investments include a $1.47 million rooftop solar system, special insulation and oversized windows.

The estimated annual value of the solar power produced, according to figures the county provided to the state: $13,424.

That means it will take 109 years for taxpayers to recoup their investment in the courthouse's renewable energy features.

"It's ludicrous," says Jerry Milstead, a construction manager who's worked on three projects in which a public agency refused to comply with the state's solar energy requirements.

The extraordinary cost of complying with the state mandate raises at least two important questions: Does the mandate make sense if a project can never recoup its costs? And if not, at what point do environmental features come at too steep a cost to taxpayers?

Its payback is so low because the building is located on Portland General Electric's downtown power grid, which cannot accept solar energy from buildings. (The electricity is instead being shunted to power the lights on the nearby Hawthorne Bridge.)

Some public entities have looked at the low returns and refused to go along with the state requirement.”

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards it being a real person who is using ChatGTP for all their responses. Maybe even a regular member here with a different username.
Obviously ai whether posted by a human or not. Should get the ban hammer swiftly.

Obviously ai whether posted by a human or not. Should get the ban hammer swiftly.
It is amazing but not surprising that regardless of subject matter a group forum regulars follow me around critiquing every post that I make. It is understandable in posts that contain commentary that is controversial; however, non-lead ammunition price shopping is not controversial. Asking if there are others that like role playing because it is a fun activity that people may participate in with little other resources than imagination is not controversial and harms no one else, yet the same users are there to brigade my topic.

I quite frankly do not care about negative criticism and even find some of the meme that are laid down quite humorous; however, the constant campaigning to get other users banned because they do not like them is quite an interesting and toxic behavior.

Last edited:
It is amazing but not surprising that regardless of subject matter a group forum regulars follow me around critiquing every post that I make. It is understandable in posts that contain commentary that is controversial; however, non-lead ammunition price shopping is not controversial. Asking if there are others that like role playing because it is a fun activity that people may participate in with little other resources than imagination is not controversial and harms no one else, yet the same users are there to brigade my topic.

I quite frankly do not care about negative criticism and even find some of the meme that are laid down quite humorous; however, the constant campaigning to get other users banned because they do not like them is quite an interesting and toxic behavior.

Have you considered Reddit?

Is there a specific sub reddit or some other social media that caters to public land hunters that are interested public land access, resource management, diversity, equity, inclusion, and environmental justice.

Is there a specific sub reddit or some other social media that caters to public land hunters that are interested public land access, resource management, diversity, equity, inclusion, and environmental justice.
I don't think anyone objects to any issues you have posted, Hal (9000?). It's just that no human writes as you do. So turn off ChatGPT, or whatever you are using, and express yourself as humans do and folks will stop making fun of you. If English is your second language, just do the best you can on your own, all will be forgiven.

Here you go, this will keep you busy for awhile, just don't let the streams cross, it will be bad.

I don't think anyone objects to any issues you have posted, Hal (9000?). It's just that no human writes as you do. So turn off ChatGPT, or whatever you are using, and express yourself as humans do and folks will stop making fun of you. If English is your second language, just do the best you can on your own, all will be forgiven.
Hello Longbow51,

Thank you for taking the time to explain to me one of the potential reasons that a portion of forum users consider meming upon my ass. I regret to inform you that not a single word of my posts has been generated by Chatgpt or any other artifical word generator. If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that I speak as though I am a typical internet user in today's digital jungle. Allow me to attempt this so that you and others on the forum may clearly understand me.

"Sup. I see you. Tf is up with these panels. I used to hunt that spot bro. We needs them cause human induced climate may create unliveable conditions for many species including humans, bruh. "

Does this help you understand a typical complaint that someone might have regarding the installation of solar panels on federal public land?

I am just not seeing a big difference in Biden designating 20 million acres for solar development and Bush drilling 20 million acres for oil.
You can reclaim a drill site. You can conceivably have animals on drill sites. Slar creates sterile ecosystems.

You can reclaim a drill site. You can conceivably have animals on drill sites. Slar creates sterile ecosystems.
One of the best places I ever looked for mule deer antlers had a bunch of oil wells punched in it.

Last edited:
Back