Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Arrow Rest Question

Phantom

I'm looking through the archery catalogs and been thinking about changing arrow rests. I've been using the original trophy taker for years and have been very happy with how the GTs with blazers shoot. However, when stalking antelope the past few years, it's not the ideal rest when crawling through the sage. Seems like one of the full capture rests would be better.

My research shows that QAD ultra rests might be the one or the new Ripcord code red. Does anyone have any experience with either one or would recommend a different one? I definitely want another drop away rest so that eliminates the whisker biscuit. The use is primarily whitetail treestanding hunting.

Thanks for the input. Of course I could eliminate all these decisions if I went traditional but I like to hit what I'm aiming at! :D

I have used the Ripcord for many years. It works great. The full arrow containment works great for spot and stalk. I have abused that, and many other parts of my bow. That Ripcord has been bomb proof.

You probably have the link, but if not, here it is.

http://www.ripcordarrowrest.com/

I think you can take comfort that this American-made rest will work great, and if you have any issues, these American employees will take great care of you.

I use the QAD on my Switchback as a back up bow and I like the rest so much I'm putting one on my Z7 to use on my main bow. It's a full contain drop away and I've used it in spot and stalk and treestand situations.

Last edited:
QAD as well for me on all of my bows and my wife's. however, its more up to you. some like blondes and some like brunettes. i killed alot of deer in the old days with just a stick on bear rest on my riser so its all in what you like

Appreciate all the responses. Thanks for the offer Orion but I plan to check these out at the local, if 45 miles away is local, shop.

Limbsaver on my DZ-32 and Trophy Ridge Dropzone on my Switchback

I have a ripcord on one bow and a QAD on my other.I do prefer the ripcord.I have used that rest to crawl around in antelope country also with no problems

For those Ripcord users, does the rest go down on a slow let down from full draw where you have to reset it before drawing again? Or do you just flip it up to the full containment position when nocking the arrow? I've heard that the QAD stays in position in this situation. Still on the fence for the purchase.

Back