Armslist Pay to Play Now

Big Sky Guy

What’s up with having to pay a monthly subscription for Armslist now in order to contact seller? Is there any other sites stepping up to fill their void?

I’ve been a member there since 2016, and I had to pay recently, when I listed a rifle. It seems kind of weird also. I have had only one contact in a week. Their site says they are experiencing a high volume of emails, but there are only 1/4 of the usual listings available.

Given how quickly guns seemed to move through the local site, it does seem like something is going on.

I sold a gun on it recently. It sold very quickly. Lots of folks inquired. When I listed it I had my cell number in the add. I’m certain that helped it sell quickly

Just hard for me to pay $7/mont for something I’ve been a member of and used for nearly a decade. Living in Montana it’s pretty difficult for me to find something I’m interested in that isn’t a days drive away. I was always under the impression that the five ads at the bottom of the page that I had to scroll past to hit the next page button were funding the site.

I sold a gun on it recently. It sold very quickly. Lots of folks inquired. When I listed it I had my cell number in the add. I’m certain that helped it sell quickly
That might be my problem. I have only gotten one email. I should put my phone number in the description. I think the emails go through their server first.

I sold an item last year and got many inquiries. Went just fine. Paid the new user fee to sell another listing recently and it was crickets. I won’t be using again. Armslist filled the void of gunlistings when that site became a zombie domain (no maintenance, support, or admin). Armslist states they had too many legal challenges to keep it free - nearly every listing now is a FFL rather than PTP it used to be.

Another site will pop up then be taken down by the antis soon afterwards.

I sold an item last year and got many inquiries. Went just fine. Paid the new user fee to sell another listing recently and it was crickets. I won’t be using again. Armslist filled the void of gunlistings when that site became a zombie domain (no maintenance, support, or admin). Armslist states they had too many legal challenges to keep it free - nearly every listing now is a FFL rather than PTP it used to be.

Another site will pop up then be taken down by the antis soon afterwards.
I was afraid of that. I have had a couple transactions over the years, and they went great, but lately it’s a ghost town.

That might be my problem. I have only gotten one email. I should put my phone number in the description. I think the emails go through their server first.
I got one email, from a guy out of state & had clearly stated no shipping. I got a dozen phone calls.

I posted my phone number last night, and it sold this afternoon. Now I need to deactivate the post and edit and remove the number.

Aparently there is still activity on Armslist, but the email contacts aren’t getting through. The guy that bought my rifle today said he emailed me Sunday. It wasn’t until he viewed the listing again today and saw the phone number.
Seems like the fee doesn’t provide much service. Their site has an apology that states they are backlogged with emails.

It’s more like a user run classified.

Back