Armed Threats on Bison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BR, I'll promise to answer your question on whether bison should be able to graze on private lands, if you answer this.

Do you believe the public has rights to access those lands, and that the public's wildlife have rights to open range lands both private and public according to those two Montana State Supreme court decisions.

BR, I'll promise to answer your question on whether bison should be able to graze on private lands, if you answer this.

Do you believe the public has rights to access those lands, and that the public's wildlife have rights to open range lands both private and public according to those two Montana State Supreme court decisions.

No, you answer my question first. Your answer will clarify what you said earlier. We can't have a discussion until we clarify what you said.

Its not the 1800's anymore when there were Buffalo all over. Alot has changed since then and IMO its not practical or a good idea to try to put them back in alot of places they once were. Ranchers do have wildlife on their land. Mostly deer and antelope in eastern MT. Deer and antelope go over fences, buffalo go through fences. If a buffalo wants to go somewhere he is going to go and no barbwire fence is going to stop him.

Its not the 1800's anymore when there were Buffalo all over. Alot has changed since then and IMO its not practical or a good idea to try to put them back in alot of places they once were. Ranchers do have wildlife on their land. Mostly deer and antelope in eastern MT. Deer and antelope go over fences, buffalo go through fences. If a buffalo wants to go somewhere he is going to go and no barbwire fence is going to stop him.

There's private herds all over the west. I see no big problem there. Is it that only the "Wild" ones destroy fences and ag lands? Or is it something else? I think I read that there was around 400,000 privately owned Bison. Think about it just a second.

There's private herds all over the west. I see no big problem there. Is it that only the "Wild" ones destroy fences and ag lands? Or is it something else? I think I read that there was around 400,000 privately owned Bison. Think about it just a second.

Do you know what happens when a private buffalo herd destroys other peoples property?

Now please answer the simple question I posed in the other post.

No, you answer my question first. Your answer will clarify what you said earlier. We can't have a discussion until we clarify what you said.

Re read the posts. My statements couldn't be any more clearer.

On the other hand, have you been checked for Bipolar disorder? If so take your meds immediately.

The ranches raising buffalo have fences made to hold them. Ranchers with cows have fences for cows not buffalo. The domestic buffalo are a little tamer then the wild ones too. Also whoever ownes them is responsible for them if they are getting out or causing a problem.

Do you know what happens when a private buffalo herd destroys other peoples property?

Now please answer the simple question I posed in the other post.

Sure do, and do you know who's responsible for fencing the beasts out?

In open range states they can go anywhere that's not fenced out. Cattle and other livestock can too. Livestock is livestock.Wildllife should be afforded at least the same don't you think.

Not very many western states have good herd laws like South Dakota.

There's no liability for animals that go onto unfenced lands in much of the west.

Now answer my questions on the Public's property's rights.

Last edited:
Sure do, and do you know who's responsible for fencing the beasts out?

In open range states they can go anywhere that's not fenced out. Including cattle. Livestock is livestock.Wildllife should be afforded at least the same don't you think.

Not very many western states have good herd laws like South Dakota.

There's no liability for animals that go onto unfenced lands in much of the west.

Now answer my questions on the Public's property's rights.

You answer my question first and clarify your previous statements. Then we can discuss the meat of the issues.

The ranches raising buffalo have fences made to hold them. Ranchers with cows have fences for cows not buffalo. The domestic buffalo are a little tamer then the wild ones too. Also whoever ownes them is responsible for them if they are getting out or causing a problem.

Why is OK for elk and deer,and moose, but not Bison? There's areas that can hold a few more Bison than beef, but the beef still gets special treatment.

So you do think landowners have the responsibility to let bison on their land.

What's the difference between a neighbors beef cow getting on, and bison?

If you don't want the animals there then fence them out.

I've got no problems with property rights. You can do with your lands what you want too.

It's my public lands, and wildlife that I do.

So does the public have rights to access public lands, and do you accept the supreme courts decisions in Montana on wildlife usage of private lands?

What's the difference between a neighbors beef cow getting on, and bison?

If you don't want the animals there then fence them out.

I've got no problems with property rights. You can do with your lands what you want too.

It's my public lands, and wildlife that I do.

So does the public have rights to access public lands, and do you accept the supreme courts decisions in Montana on wildlife usage of private lands?

I don't remember talking about public lands.

Now why was it so hard to answer my question? I'm taking this post from you as a yes answer to my question.

Do you now how much a bison eats per day vs deer and elk?

I don't remember talking about public lands.

Now why was it so hard to answer my question? I'm taking this post from you as a yes answer to my question.

Do you now how much a bison eats per day vs deer and elk?

If a bison eats more, which we know is true, what is your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back