Arizona Deer & Sheep

Art Vandeley

So I applied yesterday evening online, but I have not recieved an emailed reciept and they have not charged my credit card yet. Has anyone else experienced this and had it work out? I'm thinking it's just slower due to the high volume of applications.

Thanks

When asked yesterday, AZ G&F stated that applicants would not be receiving confirmation emails. As long as you printed out your receipt, you should be ok.

No email for me, but I did get a charge on my card. Wish I had printed the confirmation just in case

Their online application is not best described as "lame" I prefer to describe it as "crap", thats why I still use the paper apps and buy a stamp.

Confirmation email is not a lot to ask for a place where you are spending money online. Probably a "cover their rear" move by someone in F&G in case your application vaporizes prior to the drawing. Hello, 2003 is on Line 2 for AZ F&G.

I did not score a big buck on my Kaibab deer hunt last year, but the good part is I can now put in for coues deer, which will some day be a very nice December getaway. Got apps in on the 9th. Eastman's had a very good write up on how to choose sheep units given the max point holders & preference system.

They've extended the application period until tomorrow (6-11). It's hard to defend my home states short comings in the draw application department. The no email conformation was odd. It's best to get your app in at least 24-48hrs before the deadline. Although it should work right up to the deadline 7 P.M. Deadline. This is at least the 2nd time I can think of that they've had to extend the draw.

I give AZF&G a flyer on the website! They are one of the very, very few states that have not put the screws to NR's over the last 20 years. And they had a poll at the end of my app asking for comments to improve the online system.

Their online application is not best described as "lame" I prefer to describe it as "crap", thats why I still use the paper apps and buy a stamp.

Eventually you WILL miss a draw and bonus point somewhere along the way, most likely. Online confirmation of accepted application is the ideal, and AZ provides it. Beyond that i could care less how lame the process is.

Back