Arizona credit card

Nice. It didn't seem to help but I was throwing hail marys. The bonus points area of the portal doesn't list the loyalty point yet so maybe this will calm some fears of some who are worried about the points section of the portal not being updated.
1678911620543.png

I thought that was interesting too as I thought we didn't get our loyalty point until AFTER the 5th year. But they put on the loyalty and the HS/Ethics course into the average.

Either way, I'm going to Arizona for the first time ever to hunt!!!

I am looking forward to seeing the difference between an Arizona draw tag vs Colorado 0 point tag. I can’t wait to scout unit 8. First archery tag.

I only put in for points this year but if AZ isn’t the craziest, slowest, screwed up draw in the country…..When a state like NM can out do you you know you are scratching the bottom!!! I guess that’s from being a border state where the help is pretty cheap…..

I only put in for points this year but if AZ isn’t the craziest, slowest, screwed up draw in the country…..When a state like NM can out do you you know you are scratching the bottom!!! I guess that’s from being a border state where the help is pretty cheap…..
Never been through a Montana fwp draw huh.

Pretty smooth compared to many other states. Ever applied in Idaho?

I just noticed that my "group bonus points average" was 1 higher than I expected for this draw. Does the 5 year loyalty point get applied pre-draw? That's the only explanation I can think of.

no points are awarded prior to the draw
Loyalty is after 5 years so you go from 4 to 6; 4 going into year 5 draw, after the draw +1 species point and 1 loyalty, for 6 total after the draw is over.

Last edited:
no points are awarded prior to the draw
Loyalty is after 5 years so you go from 4 to 6; 4 going into year 5 draw, after the draw +1 species point and 1 loyalty, for 6 total after the draw is over.
Bob, this was my 5th year applying. On my portal it listed my 4 bonus points and my 1 ethics point so I thought I was going in with 5. But my results page (see screenshot above) listed 6 points as my average. Was that a AZGFD error? It doesn't change anything because I got the tag; presumably in the 2 pass. But inquiring minds want to know!

The times I have asked Amber or Kathy Ford the loyalty was after the draw. However, after looking, the regs do show specific to the loyalty point that you need to have 5 consecutive valid apps; they changed the regs a few years ago such that your paid app fee now constitutes a valid app. What that change did was give the applicant their point even if their card was rejected later in the process. So, I could have spoken incorrectly and the change may now give you the loyalty point prior to drawing your app.
I would could call licensing and verify. That would be a nice change.

Last edited:
Bob, this was my 5th year applying. On my portal it listed my 4 bonus points and my 1 ethics point so I thought I was going in with 5. But my results page (see screenshot above) listed 6 points as my average. Was that a AZGFD error? It doesn't change anything because I got the tag; presumably in the 2 pass. But inquiring minds want to know!
I wonder if the 6 doesn’t include his application even though it’s not technically a bonus point but another number in the hat.

No you don’t. You get it after 5 years of applying. So you get it in year 6. You actually go from 4 points to 6 points if you didn’t draw in your first 5 years
Your wrong bud…I even called DGF to verify before the deadline. Check out my app. It was my 5th year applying (4pts), + 1 Hunter Ed point, and I went into this draw with 6 pts…

Attachments

• A262AEBA-4D2A-42E0-8161-630D48C341C5.jpeg
    A262AEBA-4D2A-42E0-8161-630D48C341C5.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 18
You have to pre-pay for your tag that you may or may not get. A lot of states do this. NM does as well. CO does not. CO you only pay for your hunting license.
I think you have AZ mixed up with elsewhere. You pay an app fee and then they charge your card for the tag, only if you draw.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back