Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Arizona credit card

Nickman123

Purchased my Az hunt license and put in my tag apps but can't figure out how to update my card on file in case I'm successful. I thought it was in my portal but the link in there to update card says it's specifically for auto license renewal. Not for tag payment. I don't want them to auto renew my license, rather do it myself. How do I update my card for tags?

If you end up needing to update your card, it will be in the same draw portal you used to apply. Just click on apply for a draw on the main page and follow the links like you were going in to apply. Once the draw closes this page will have a link to update your card.

When using the "apply for the draw" link and inputting your license receipt number, disregard the "only number and letter" warning. Leave the dashes in the number but, you can not have spaces. Sometimes a cut n paste of your number will add a space where the receipt number wraps around, as was my case.

Last edited:
Anyone know the deadline to update your card? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Hate to sound stupid but I want to make sure i understand. You're saying that if I used a new credit this year to pay for my license and my tag apps, that new credit card gets automatically updated as my credit card on file in case I'm successful? I don't need to enter it anywhere else?

The card used to apply, is put on file and will be used to pay for the tag if successful. AZ does not call if a card is bounced, so, they publish a date to "update" to a new card should your card expire or the card was hacked, between the application and the tag being paid for. The dept processes tag payment within 24 hours of the "update card" date (unless they have an issue).

Hey I've got a multi state application strategy and the deadline to update has historically been useful. In the past its been the morning after the deadline they have the drawing and charge cards.

Why do people apply with cards that won't be valid on the drawing date, when the drawing date is usually a month or less from the app date? I've never understood why, with the exception of fraud, this topic leaves so many people so pressed.
My brother and I have both had fraud issues on our cards right before this deadline in years past. Reason #1000 why AZ’s system sucks.

I’m just waiting for the day I finally get drawn and my bank blocks the transaction. That happened to me in UT, but luckily they let you rectify the issue. UT decided to hit my card for $800 at 2:30 AM.

My best guess is we will get a deadline for cards early-mid week next week and card hits on Friday morning. Who knows though 🤷‍♀️. Just hoping to see results before NM deadline so I can make a good decision on whether or not to apply for elk there this year.

The card I used has an expiration date of 3/23. Do I have anything to worry about? The card should be good until 4/1/2023 correct?

The card I used has an expiration date of 3/23. Do I have anything to worry about? The card should be good until 4/1/2023 correct?
I think it might depend on whether or not they sent you a new card to replace that one and you activated it. If you activate a replacement card for that one that expires 3/23, it will likely deactivate the old one I think

I think it might depend on whether or not they sent you a new card to replace that one and you activated it. If you activate a replacement card for that one that expires 3/23, it will likely deactivate the old one I think
Safe bet might be to just update it

Three years ago my card was hit on 2/28 for antelope. I'm assuming it would be soon when they start taking money?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back