MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Arizona credit card

I am looking forward to seeing the difference between an Arizona draw tag vs Colorado 0 point tag. I can’t wait to scout unit 8. First archery tag.
You will like AZ unless you want to hunt up/down 1,000ft mtns & only little to maybe average sized bulls that might make the record books. AZ's bulks can be incredibly large, & the terrain is very conducive to archery hunting tactics.

Congrats on the tag, same unit I drew.

Your wrong bud…I even called DGF to verify before the deadline. Check out my app. It was my 5th year applying (4pts), + 1 Hunter Ed point, and I went into this draw with 6 pts…
you get a "point" the year you apply to get a lottery number for the draw 4 pts previous years, 1 pt hunter ed, & 1 pt for current year, that's 6 total points.

you get a "point" the year you apply to get a lottery number for the draw 4 pts previous years, 1 pt hunter ed, & 1 pt for current year, that's 6 total points.
That doesn’t show up in the “group bonus point average”. Pretty easy to test. If it did my first elk app from 5 years ago would show “1” instead of “0”.

Attachments

• 2C1B9055-A542-4CD5-A802-6A9C3E0750EE.jpeg
    2C1B9055-A542-4CD5-A802-6A9C3E0750EE.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 3
That doesn’t show up in the “group bonus point average”. Pretty easy to test. If it did my first elk app from 5 years ago would show “1” instead of “0”.
I agree,... I didn't look at his attachment that actually showed "bonus points" being 6. That said, I do not believe his loyalty point is actually awarded until after the draw because if your credit card is invalid if drawn, you do not get credit for the application that year. I believe you have to apply 5 years in a row for the same species before getting the loyalty point.

His "bonus" point" breakdown is clearly identified in his account, which he didn't share.

BTW, any successful elk applicants here? I heard Randy mention he drew an AZ elk tag this year on last night's podcast & wonder which unit/hunt he'll be in.

I'm an AZ resident & been hunting here for over 5 decades (going back to when I was a junior hunter).

BTW, any successful elk applicants here? I heard Randy mention he drew an AZ elk tag this year on last night's podcast & wonder which unit/hunt he'll be in.

I'm an AZ resident & been hunting here for over 5 decades (going back to when I was a junior hunter).
Unit 27 early archery for me

Congrats! That was the first unit I hunted archery elk in 1978! Sprucedale/Horton Creek area... great hunt/time.

I drew a unit 8 early archery bull tag, it's been 5 years since my last bull tag.
Been 20 years since i bowhunted elk, pretty excited to go again.

I agree,... I didn't look at his attachment that actually showed "bonus points" being 6. That said, I do not believe his loyalty point is actually awarded until after the draw because if your credit card is invalid if drawn, you do not get credit for the application that year. I believe you have to apply 5 years in a row for the same species before getting the loyalty point.

His "bonus" point" breakdown is clearly identified in his account, which he didn't share.

The $15 app fee now pays for the point. It was changed a few years ago.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back