Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Argentina Doves 2016

Wally Dog

Just back from another epic Argentina dove hunt with family and friends at La Volanta lodge in Arroyito. Second trip to the same location. If any wingshooter dreams of high volume shooting beyond your imagination you must make a trip like this.
I'd prefer to not get specific about numbers but let's just say that an average or better shotgunner can shoot 1000 birds a day easily.
WOW
12647375_10208246408016067_6362792040371081515_n.jpg

12654289_10208246406616032_887286049392727222_n.jpg

1382168_10208246405696009_8845707883517779024_n.jpg

12654410_10208246407376051_3365241649870484102_n.jpg

12645035_10208246405336000_2704702187880735211_n.jpg

MThuntr,
Inclusive, airport pickup all transportation, bird boy/gal, shoot their guns and ammo, great lodge, food over the top and birds by the millions.
You can bring your own gun, but why burns 7000+ rounds thru your own?
feel free to PM me if you'd like any details.

That is a crazy amount of shooting. What guns do they supply for that amount of shooting?

Miller,
I shot the same Beretta 391 20 all week. They have a few Benelli 20's (not sure of model as I'm not a Benelli fan) and had some Beretta A400's 20's that didn't hold up to the volumes.
The sheer volume of ammunition fired makes it a superior testing ground to the durability of a shotgun.

MThuntr,
Inclusive, airport pickup all transportation, bird boy/gal, shoot their guns and ammo, great lodge, food over the top and birds by the millions.
You can bring your own gun, but why burns 7000+ rounds thru your own?
feel free to PM me if you'd like any details.

Yeah most of my shotguns will never see 7000 rounds in their lifetimes let alone a week and I don't think I'd want to attempt it with mine. This type of shoot has been on my list for quite some time especially when it can be done in the off season.

Yeah most of my shotguns will never see 7000 rounds in their lifetimes let alone a week and I don't think I'd want to attempt it with mine. This type of shoot has been on my list for quite some time especially when it can be done in the off season.

Grant-I would ride shotgun with you on this! Would be a blast. I would also like to duck hunt somewhere in S. America. The bucket list is long and the time and money much shorter....

Thanks for sharing! That's on my list for sure. Though, as bad a wingshot as I am I can only imagine how low my hit/shot ration would be...

I was not going to comment,

But I read the thread again.

Way too much. This is killing and it not hunting.

My opinion only!

My opinion only!

probably should have kept your "opinion" to yourself...
do you know what happens to the doves that are shot?
how many can he shoot and still be considered a hunter rather than a killer?
did you bother to ask even a single question of the hunter or do any research as to whether they are wasted or eaten or whether this is necessary for population control?
If I kill two elk and give one to a friend, am I a killer rather than a hunter?
did you cry when cecil was killed last year?:D

My opinion only!

Sorry but you have no clue as to the damage that the millions of doves do to farmers crops.
PS I shot no doves out of trees which would constitute killing.

Sorry but you have no clue as to the damage that the millions of doves do to farmers crops.
PS I shot no doves out of trees which would constitute killing.

Right about the damage thing. They do terrible damage to those grain fields.

I lived in Argentina for a year. There is nothing like their fresh beef and wine! I did a bit of travelling around the country, but did not get a chance to hunt or fish.

Readressing this issue!

Wiping out the bison herds in the 1800's.

Passengers pigeon in the 1800's.

Was this hunting? This was removing a species.

This is not Hunting,

Shooting 7000 birds by one group of hunters is KILLING. It is not hunting.

I would love to experience the opportunity. But be a hunter and not a killer. Be honest, do you really believe this is ethical?

I am not ashamed of my opinion. One ass----- asked if I would cry for Cecil the lion. Only if the hunter had wiped out the entire pride..

Not ashamed of my opinion!

Be a hunter and not a killer!!!!

When talking about ethics it always seems to be a slippery slope to what we believe is right and what others believe is right. Maybe the term "hunting" may not be appropriate rather than population control? I know farmers who are issued permits to shoot geese that are destroying their crop land. Is this ethical? It is easy to judge from looking from the outside. If a company can both offer sportsman a fun and exciting trip by shooting thousands of birds along with help try and control the population of these birds then what is the big deal? When it boils down to it its your own personal beliefs in to what you consider ethical or not. Is driving a half mile to get milk and leaving your carbon footprint rather than walking any worse than shooting 1,000 birds in terms of being ethical?

Back