South America

That looks pretty fantastic! Until I saw the price! Likely worth it to many. Too steep for my flavor though wow! What an experience. Once in a lifetime, I'd imagine. Very cool.

Yeah a bit over my pay grade too, but then I spent some time last night pricing put Randy's caribou hunt and scheming how I would finance it...

I have family from Bolivia, and I've been lucky enough to visit. I don't think I've ever seen a more unique and beautiful country. I only caught some piranha on a hand line while there, but I'd love to go back and chase some bigger fish. Seeing river dolphins was a bucket list item checked off.

Sytes

Chiloe is different, it is definitely relaxing. We visited to see all the old wooden churches and multi colored homes. Nice people, good food. In S. America, I personally consider Chloe, as well as Easter, and Galapagos type islands as niche islands, but in that category, they stand out for sure. In S. America I would choose IIha das Palmas ( Brazil ) . It would give you good diving, fishing, and an interesting island to explore.----but there are so many good places. on so may islands

Dont forget there are 26 different countries representing the Caribbean and you dont have to go to a resort hotel, there are options , especially on the Caymans. Good diving, golf, beach, fishing .

My favorite is Tahiti . Excellent diving, fishing,, relating. I LOVE the bungalow over the water. Get the last one on a pier and you see nothing but beautiful water that you can dive into from your porch and do a little snorkeling if you want. I like the bungalows with the floors that lets you see the fish swimming under the bungalows.

When we were in Australia on one of our trips we took a helicopter to a VERY SMALL island on the barrier reef. We landed, put up an umbrella, some sandwiches and beer, a couple of towels and snorkeling gear., and they left We were only there for 6 hours, no land in sight--but, that was fun. We were both relived and sad when they flew back out to get us. This was before cell phones so we kept saying, " hope they dont forget to come get us"

Sytes

Chiloe is different, it is definitely relaxing. We visited to see all the old wooden churches and multi colored homes. Nice people, good food. In S. America, I personally consider Chloe, as well as Easter, and Galapagos type islands as niche islands, but in that category, they stand out for sure. In S. America I would choose IIha das Palmas ( Brazil ) . It would give you good diving, fishing, and an interesting island to explore.----but there are so many good places. on so may islands

Dont forget there are 26 different countries representing the Caribbean and you dont have to go to a resort hotel, there are options , especially on the Caymans. Good diving, golf, beach, fishing .

My favorite is Tahiti . Excellent diving, fishing,, relating. I LOVE the bungalow over the water. Get the last one on a pier and you see nothing but beautiful water that you can dive into from your porch and do a little snorkeling if you want. I like the bungalows with the floors that lets you see the fish swimming under the bungalows.

When we were in Australia on one of our trips we took a helicopter to a VERY SMALL island on the barrier reef. We landed, put up an umbrella, some sandwiches and beer, a couple of towels and snorkeling gear., and they left We were only there for 6 hours, no land in sight--but, that was fun. We were both relived and sad when they flew back out to get us. This was before cell phones so we kept saying, " hope they dont forget to come get us"

It would have put a test to your survival skills that's for sure.
Running out of beer would have been the turning point!🔥

Would love to see pics sometime if you’re willing to share.

Just started working through photos. A bit anticlimactic to see such cool critters only to photograph them with a point and shoot camera. Here are the big cats - they are 100% power and stealth. We saw a male hunting capybara (two blown stalks) and a male / female pair mating.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1571286798979.jpg
    FB_IMG_1571286798979.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1571286812379.jpg
    FB_IMG_1571286812379.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1571286809414.jpg
    FB_IMG_1571286809414.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1571286815390.jpg
    FB_IMG_1571286815390.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1571286802262.jpg
    FB_IMG_1571286802262.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 8
David and Dan. Thank you for the heads up. As some here know I will not be able to reply for a short time. I hope for a short time (-;

Thank you Kaitum for getting back to us after you got home. Very nice of you and since I wont be able to get back on for awhile, let me thank you now for any future posting to this thread

As to the other matter brought to my attention. I am way to old to let those kind of things bother me. Not only does the forum have an ignore feature, I also have one in my head. Plus there are so many wonderful, supportive people on the forum , some I have known for years, its all good.

Hunting Wife, aren't those pretty kitty cats (-:

April and Kaitum Thanks My parents have been there and I hope to get there someday. I always wanted to see an Ocelot in the wild when we lived in Texas but never did. Now In Alaska and looking for a Lynx. We did hunt mountain lions so had the opportunity to see them in the wild. Hope to also visit Asia someday and see tigers in the wild and of course lions and leopards in Africa.

big dreams +++ no money:(

Has anyone been to Columbia lately? If so how safe did you feel? I have opportunity to go next month.

Schmalts, thanks to April and her sharing of the places she has been and goes to, I have been looking hard at South America. My parents also visited South America and enjoyed it.

It appears that Columbia is not on the dont travel to countries, by the State Dept. They have four categories : Go:+++ Be Careful, but go: +++++ Be careful, dont go, and +++ Dont Go. Columia is in the second group. Go but be careful .

I personally am zeroing in on Brazil, Argentina and Peru and will not hunt on this trip

Casablanca, will have to wait, at least until I have seen the movie :)

April, Kaitum, thank you.

also April, when time permits please check your pm folder and explain your post ( post 28 above ) I am assuming your referring to a different thread and I think I know to what you guys are talking about, thanks

Back