Argentina Bound

Well we have officially booked our trip with a 50% deposit down for a hunt from June 15th to June 21st. 3 days of waterfowl hunting and 3 days of big game hunting searching for an Axis deer and a blackbuck. We looked over quite a few outfitters and honestly there wasn't a lot of difference between most of them. No doubt some of them were fancier than what we would feel comfortable with (the photos of the food and desserts were just crazy, 5 star type restaurant stuff) so that helped narrow it down a bunch. In the end, it was the phone call conversations that I had with one of the owners of the outfit that set them apart. Real genuine hunter, I could tell. We spent almost an hour the other day talking about ducks - spreads, using mojos, types of habitat, etc. I could tell he was just as passionate about those flying critters as I am. I was sold.

The outfitting group is called Argentina Heritage Outdoors.

Very cool. Hope you have an awesome trip!

If you haven't already, before you go, familiarize yourself with the blue dollar in Argentina....cash is king there and you can save a lot of money (like 30-50%) in-country if you don't use credit cards or ATMs which are tied to the official exchange rate. Weird exception to the general rule, due to rampant inflation in Argentina.

Hmmm. So guys can shoot three thousand doves a day and the govt is worried about saving the resource? Same with ducks. Shooters (I won't call them hunters!) stand on a point out in the open with a small platform in front of them that an assistant keeps restocking with shells as ducks are knocked down endlessly all day long. The reason hunters go down there is because they can shoot thousands of birds with little to no effort (that is apparently enjoyable for a lot of folks ... not my idea of fun). Makes absolutely no sense that a couple of mounted specimens can't be exported "for conservation reasons." I strongly suspect there's a war going on between the animal lovers and outfitters and outfitters simply threw them this bone to get them off their back.
The doves are literally an agricultural pest.
On my trip there we met a farmer who had some schooling in the US in the airport…. He told us to kill as many as we could!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back