Area 42 Antelope in Wyoming

RUT JUNKEY

Long time reader, first time poster. . . . I will be heading out to area 42 to hunt antelope in about 2 weeks. This is my first antelope hunt. . . I'm just looking for any info on area 42 that I can get. Camping or motel? etc. Thanks guys. I enjoy readining and seeing all the pics!! thanks again.

Check the WY DNR website....there are a few HMA's there I believe.

I have done extensive research on the area, and you are right alot of Walk in areas in that unit. I also have Como Bluffs HMA permission slips. I was just trying to find out how the hunting was in that area as a whole. Its always hard to try and guess what to bring, where to stay, etc. Im just looking for some tips . Thanks.

I have done extensive research on the area, and you are right alot of Walk in areas in that unit. I also have Como Bluffs HMA permission slips. I was just trying to find out how the hunting was in that area as a whole. Its always hard to try and guess what to bring, where to stay, etc. Im just looking for some tips . Thanks.

Rifle, Bullets and Cash will take you far in life.

I'm getting ready to call the Laramie office right now. I have some maps, but I need to have them send me the real nice topo maps of that area. I hunt out of state 2 or 3 times a year for everything, but, antelope is on my bucket list. My Dad, best friend and I are going this year. . .they just tell me to get all the plans and tell them when we are leaving. . . .we are pretty die hard hunters so getting away from the roads and stuff won't be a problem and Ive heard thats what you must do. Thanks again for the help.

you guys are making this hunt sound better, and better!!! I'm guessing shoot the first nice buck then head to town!

From what i have seen in that area the farther north you go the better the goats get bring good glass and do not be afraid to walk. Get away from the roads the best you can and get a good public land map or get the hunting GPS maps chip and go hunting find the out of the way state and blm land and go hunting the goats will push farther from the road the longer the season is open. Friend shot an 80" goat there 2 years ago. como bluff is a good hma but gets hit hard. hope this helps good luck.

I appreciate all your input and help on this everyone. Maybe I can return the favor if your ever hunting in Indiana. Another quick question. . . .I know from hunting elk for years that the weather changes constantly. . .what is the weather like out there around this time of year? Thanks.

99%.... hot and dry :) If you camp, mornings may be in the low 40's so bring a jacket or sweatshirt for the early chill.

good luck to all
the dog

so how did you do?

we had a blast. We killed 3 on Monday before noon. I'm hooked. No monsters ( i don't think) but they were all nice. Now if I could get time to kill a giant whitetail here that would be nice! Crazy busy @ work though.:)

Attachments

• 100_1352.jpg
    100_1352.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 968
  • 100_1354.jpg
    100_1354.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 962
  • 100_1364.jpg
    100_1364.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 954
Nice. I have hunted 42 in the past and that is about what you can expect. Congrats

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back