Area 001-7 Hunt , What's it like?

BuffaloHUnter

I will be joining a friend for in WY for a antlerless deer hunt in area 001. Our trip will be starting Nov. 1, and go for a week or so. There will be 3 or us. my buddy and his friend drew 4 tags each. Never been there. Has anyone experience in this area?

I take a few doe off a friends ranch in Unit 1 every year. The unit is mostly of private land, like 75-80% private. Each fall we see trucks with guys glassing deer in ranchers hay fields, unable to hunt them. If your friend has a connection to hunt on someone's property, then you will have no trouble filling all your tags. If not, you may have a difficult time of it.

I take a few doe off a friends ranch in Unit 1 every year. The unit is mostly of private land, like 75-80% private. Each fall we see trucks with guys glassing deer in ranchers hay fields, unable to hunt them. If your friend has a connection to hunt on someone's property, then you will have no trouble filling all your tags. If not, you may have a difficult time of it.
mgorm16640. Does the game department have a program to connect hunters with land owners? I thought my buddy had a plan but he hasn't explained it to me yet. He just said there were so many available tags, just put in for it. Maybe he has used this area before & he knows what works for him. I've written him with the question but he's on a road trip for a while.

It turns out after reading the fine print tags in oo1-7 are only for private property areas. I was told by WY Game that there are no tags for public areas in area management unit 1.

Thanks, I'll start calling the only guy who wants rifle hunters. What would be an average access fee? Any idea
i have a friend who hunts there. He told me some time ago that it was around $300 per gun....for does. That was along time ago, perhaps it has changed.

Back