• Bill Gates is in my Fave Five

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm pretty damn wealthy and can do as I please

• I've got more than most people

• Above Average

• Working for a living (Would be in trouble if I lost my job)

• Barely making it

• Sucking off the government teet

• Total voters
I find it interesting that the Hunttalk bell curve is adjusted higher than "average". Maybe it just means that we are happy with our lots in life? ;)

I find it interesting that the Hunttalk bell curve is adjusted higher than "average". Maybe it just means that we are happy with our lots in life? ;)

Ok, the "average" folks have finally started to vote.;)

Well, I thought I was doing pretty "Good".......then it dawned on me, I am at work on a Pretty 80 degree Saturday and I am buried in work. If I was "Rich" sombody else would be up here wishing they were outside! John

Well, I thought I was doing pretty "Good".......then it dawned on me, I am at work on a Pretty 80 degree Saturday and I am buried in work. If I was "Rich" sombody else would be up here wishing they were outside! John

...beats bustin' broncs!:D

I consider us to be a tad above average. both my wife and I make at or a little above the median average. we live modetestly. both of our trucks are older, 1 ATV we have is 20 years old (but still runs perfectly), the other is 12 years old. live in a townhouse, but I owe more to the hospital every month than what our mortgage is (thats with insurance). Now I only have 1 credit card and if we cant pay cash, we dont buy it.

Since feb1 my wife hasnt got paid and we are feeling it (and she is still working, an employers dream, free employees:BLEEP:). When/if she gets her backpay it will be nice. Another couple of weeks and she has to start looking for another job (some income is better than none).

Overall though, I cant complain. we have been lucky, yeah for the time being, I have had to put some gun projects on hold, but its just a hiccup.

My wife & I fall into the "Working for a living (Would be in trouble if I lost my job)" category, but it is by choice. She has been a house-wife / stay-at-home-Mom for 14+ years that now works about 10-15 hrs/wk. We are comfortable and happy but would be screwed if I went unemployed for more than a month. My truck is over 12 years old and our car is over 7 years old, with no upgrading in sight. I may be selling the snowmobiles this fall because it getting close to $100 each time we go out. That's not very fun when you think about it a lot. But...I am happy going to work now since starting a new job two months ago, and happy to come home. So it's pretty much all good.

In 2006, the median annual household income according to the US Census Bureau was determined to be $48,201.00.

...maybe a little over 50K today?

With both spouse working today, its pretty easy to exceed $50K per household.

We fall into the above average. Have little debt except for our home. We have 4 kids so when they are out of the house (10 years) I hopefully will be higher up the food chain!

With both spouse working today, its pretty easy to exceed $50K per household.

In many parts of the country, I'm sure, but not everywhere. That number reflects all of those families with stay-at-home moms or dads, too. My guess is $50K is about right for the median.

Rich in a frame of mind.....I have all I need but am very frugal.....should be worth 1-3 million in a couple of years... depends on land values...I can get cash if needed.....I think if you ask a billionare if he's rich....he would trade it all for a younger fitter body... or better health.....I see the decline of my parents....they have money but lack freedom[ mind and body]....just saying cash/money don't mean that much...I like to have fun... and I can do it pretty cheap.

I'm not talking morally, philosophically, or metaphysically. I mean cash. I'm just curious.

Rich in a frame of mind.....I have all I need but am very frugal.....should be worth 1-3 million in a couple of years... depends on land values...I can get cash if needed.....I think if you ask a billionare if he's rich....he would trade it all for a younger fitter body... or better health.....I see the decline of my parents....they have money but lack freedom[ mind and body]....just saying cash/money don't mean that much...I like to have fun... and I can do it pretty cheap.
I realize that richness in family, faith, etc. are more important. I was just curious as to people's monetary worth.

Yes Older peopl ewould give up wealth for Health, but there are alot of old Poor people too. Age is something you can't change with or without money. I've always thought it to suck that I'm gonigto work my whole life to have enough at retirement to "live" but be to old to ski the Alps, hunt Sheep, etc.

So Yes, Lifes a ballance, I think you should do things while you can, not retire with as much money, but live life to the fullest that you can. But you still need to invest, save, and not spend everything you have. There are all types of people, Some "poor" people live lives better than others with money.

I was always heard the Expresion, "Some people are rich, some are healthy, some look good". I've always thought, Glad I'm all three !!!!!

I remember my father saying, "whoever said money can't buy happiness musta had plenty of it."

"I thought Jose had a double-wide. Poor economy taking its toll?"

After his Citigroup "investment", he had to hawk one side of the double wide. Don't worry, he kept the side with the crapper.

Back