Are states gonna close hunting early due to covid concerns?

std7mag

Here in PA, state parks & forests are shutting down due to the number of people going there.

What's gonna happen when hundreds of thousands (literally) hit our state parks, forests, and gamelands?

Especially since i'm hearing that the first week is no longer reserved for buck only.
Last year they did that, it was like a war zone!

Where did you see they are starting to close the state forests and parks? I hope not. Another month or so until archery starts.

State parks and state game lands that the public hunts on are two different things. The talk about doe season running concurrent had to do with cwd management in certain areas not the whole state. Just conversation not enacted yet. But I like the no more e-bikes on Pa Game Lands rule.

I pulled some apps as worried about whether could transit between states. So far, WY and MT can be hunted and I will be also be driving in AZ, UT and CO. 30 more days for the wheels to come off the cart by my health hitting the skids or states locking down transit. Fingers crossed re my adventures this autumn but no matter what I am sure 2021 will happen in 4 more months. Well, other than that asteroid thingy. And North Korea. Poison tea. Murder hornets. Counterfeit hygiene products from Amazon. Shortage of pepperoni. Potential stock market retreat. Otherwise, is a relaxing time in my life.

I say shut down every state im not going to this year. That way there is more animals for me on those other states next year :)

Outdoors in NY are more than ever, every trailhead, kayak and boat ramp ect ect is full. Alaska on the other hand was dead, no one hardly anyone traveling

Due to an outbreak in my community, our county was recently placed on the danger list for visiting Vermont. We are not allowed to go there currently, except for work, dr. appt, etc. I'm worried that my sons will miss out on the VT youth deer season (NY has a really hight hunting age, so they can't hunt deer here). Hopefully we get this under control soon..

Hopefully they don't shut down MT
I have heard zero towards this. In fact conversations last night with FWP were what can we do to increase access and handle the COVID increase that is anticipated to continue after the virus.

Here in PA, state parks & forests are shutting down due to the number of people going there.

What's gonna happen when hundreds of thousands (literally) hit our state parks, forests, and gamelands?

Especially since i'm hearing that the first week is no longer reserved for buck only.
Last year they did that, it was like a war zone!
Go try and buy a Bike/kayack/atv/small camper all sold out for the most part. The NY city crowd headed to the state parks in pa this summer and totally trashed a few and overcrowding was an issue like never imagined. No covid in our area unless you look at the nursing homes and assisted living facilities just tons and tons of trash and dumpsters overfull and diapers everywhere. The crowds won't be here for hunting season

I got my first antelope tag about an hour from my house in southwest Montana. I found a few Block Management Areas where I have been going and have seen a ton of antelope and was just out of shooting distance of a herd of elk. Opening weekend I saw a guy and his young son grouse hunting in the distance and those are the only hunters I've seen.

Outdoors in NY are more than ever, every trailhead, kayak and boat ramp ect ect is full. Alaska on the other hand was dead, no one hardly anyone traveling

^ Not my experience.

My flight from Boston to SeaTac was completely empty, 12 people on the plane total.

The Seattle flight was maxed out both ways, and the terminal was uncomfortably full, I couldn't find a spot where I wasn't basically in someones lap. On the way home there were several rows that were 3 to a row (families). Airport was as busy as it was when I flew in last year. Pretty long lines at the baggage check at 1am when I flew out.

Every pull out between Palmer to Tok was packed with rigs. Again no more than when I hunted off the road in '18 but certainly not any less.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back