Are any of you...

FAIRCHASEBEN

...Spudeaters coming down to Reno for the football game Saturday?

If so I'll buy you a beer, unless Boise State wins, then you can buy me one.

Heck no! I'll probably watch the wolf pack get their arse kicked by BSU on ESPN! (time will tell though........)

"All the polls and formulas and projections don't matter anymore.
The Boise State football team's Bowl Championship Series scenario is simple.

"Win," BCS analyst Jerry Palm said Sunday, "and pack their bags for Glendale."

The Broncos (11-0 overall, 7-0 WAC) wrap up the regular season Saturday at Nevada (8-3, 5-2). The game begins at 2:15 p.m. MST and will air on ESPN2.

If the Broncos win, they will almost certainly be headed for the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 1 in Glendale, Ariz., to play the Big 12 champion — possibly Texas.

Lose, and they may end up in the MPC Computers Bowl in Boise playing against an unranked team from the Mid-American Conference or Conference USA.

"This is our season," BSU senior quarterback Jared Zabransky said. "We've said that every week — that we're zero and zero and this is our season.

"But truly, this is our season."

The Broncos moved up one spot to No. 11 in the BCS standings and one spot to No. 12 in all three major polls Sunday after clinching at least a share of the WAC title Saturday against Utah State.

The Broncos must finish in the top 12 of the BCS, or in the top 16 and ahead of a BCS-conference champion, to earn an automatic berth in a BCS game. They should meet both criteria if they win Saturday.

The Broncos are excited about the opportunity, but say their focus remains more on Nevada than the prize.

"It's kind of nice when the light gets a little brighter at the end of the tunnel," senior linebacker Korey Hall said. "The main thing for us is to not overlook Nevada."

The Wolf Pack, after all, are playing their best football in years. They have won five straight games overall and 10 straight at home. They have beaten their past two opponents — Utah State and Louisiana Tech — by identical 42-0 scores. Their defense leads the WAC in takeaways, sacks and pass defense.

And the Pack should have a chip on their shoulders after losing their past five games with the Broncos by a combined score of 256-52.

This game could sell out, which would be a first for Nevada since 2003. Several thousand Boise State fans are expected to make the trip.

"Their guns are going to be out," Zabransky said of the Pack, "and so are ours."

The week will not be business as usual for the Broncos. Coach Chris Petersen is working up some wrinkles for practice to prevent complacency, and the Thanksgiving holiday will interrupt the work schedule.

BSU will practice at 10 a.m. Thursday. The players and coaches will get the rest of the day off to spend with their families.

The Broncos leave for Reno on Friday.

They'll wake up Saturday with the BCS prize in sight — and a worthy obstacle in the way.

"It's probably the way college football was meant to be," Petersen said. "Nevada is an awesome team. … It's going to be a hard-fought game."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/124/story/60854.html

Football... thats the Sport were they have Hot chicks on the sidelines with pom-poms... right ? That part is Kick-A$$ !!! hump hump

Other then that, no, not heading there nd don't watch the game.. but good luck to both teams :D

Ithaca 37 said:
Does anyone think Reno has a snowball's chance in hell of winning?
I do!
Especially if BSU is as over confident as you Ithaca.

I heard Boise fans have bought 3500 tickets and are asking for more, they always have traveled well. This game should be great.

What do you Boise fellas think about a possible Texas/Boise State bowl match? ....that is, if TU can get by A&M today. I think both Reno and the Aggies have a chance.

I'm driving to the Dallas area today to watch two high school playoff games...the best entertainment in Texas.

I heard last nite, some odds makers are actually putting the wolfpack ahead by 3 points.

I thought the line was BSU -3.

It might be the easiest line for BSU to cover all year, but I wouldn't bet it.

NHY,
Texas shouldn't have too much trouble with BSU. TCU would be a better opponent.

Trust me on this one...Boise State...[if undeafeated] will not get a chance at the national championship... they deserve it if undefeated...My A.S.U Sun Devils got screwed they were 12-0 and the only undeafeated team in the country....[Its called Politics]... thats why they need a play-off.hump

CJ,
Nobody thinks BSU will play in the BCS Championship game. The most likely scenario is the Fiesta Bowl the week previous vs. a Big 12 team.

I predict that Ian Johnson runs all over the Wolfpack tomorrow. With our O-line and Nevada's weak run defense, Ian goes over a buck fifty easily. All that running opens up the play action toolchest and Zabransky completes about 85% of his passes to stretch out a 49-21 victory.

Jose- TCU is the gum on BSU's cleats. We showed them what for a few years ago in the Liberty bowl (they were a 1 loss team, probably the best team they have fielded in a decade) and we would do it again this year if we had the chance.

You mean the same Ian Johnson who was in the hospital with a collapsed lung and bruised ribs last week? I'm sure the Pack defense will go easy on him knowing he's still sore.

FAIRCHASEBEN said:
You mean the same Ian Johnson who was in the hospital with a collapsed lung and bruised ribs last week? I'm sure the Pack defense will go easy on him knowing he's still sore.

No, I mean the Ian Johnson who was in the hospital two weeks ago and the Ian Johnson who has more touchdowns than anyone else in the Nation.

JoseCuervo said:
CJ,
Nobody thinks BSU will play in the BCS Championship game. The most likely scenario is the Fiesta Bowl the week previous vs. a Big 12 team.

Well I think they should get a shot!hump

Well, BSU does it again and whipped the crap out of Nevada....... It was a good game from what I saw on the tube. The only disappointment was #40 on Nevada's team. What was his deal? I'm glad they tossed out the trash after his little episode on the sidelines. It will be nice to see BSU go to a good bowl game this year. I hope Ian can come through and have another stellar game. Go Bronco's!

Back