Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Archery elk hunting partner for Idaho (2021)?

khafen74

I'm an Idaho resident and am looking for a hunting partner for archery elk this September 2021. I'm planning to do a 5-7 day hunt sometime between Sept 4 and Sept 18. I'm somewhat flexible on the unit, but would prefer to hunt somewhere in the southern or eastern part of the state. My hunting style is to get into places 2-5 miles from roads. I usually do more basecamp style hunts but am open to backcountry with the right person. Let me know if there's any interest out there.

I'm still interested. Are you an Idaho resident? I think all the nonres tags may be sold out.
p.s. Tried to DM but it wouldn't let me. Not sure why.
Ok probably because I’m a newbie on this site. I thought Idaho still had OTC tags for nonresidents?

Ok probably because I’m a newbie on this site. I thought Idaho still had OTC tags for nonresidents?
They do, but each zone has a cap. I doubt there is anything left, but you may score a turn in tag after the controlled hunt drawings are complete.

I’ll be in the Bear River area from opener till about 9/8 then heading to CO.

Yeah, Im packing in for the full 8ish days.
Awesome. I'm still working to nail down my exact dates and see if I draw a controlled hunt. Assuming I don't draw, Bear River is my preferred unit. Once you have posted 10 messages you'll be able to DM/start a conversation. Send me DM (when you can) and we can talk some more details if you're still interested.

I'm an Idaho resident and am looking for a hunting partner for archery elk this September 2021. I'm planning to do a 5-7 day hunt sometime between Sept 4 and Sept 18. I'm somewhat flexible on the unit, but would prefer to hunt somewhere in the southern or eastern part of the state. My hunting style is to get into places 2-5 miles from roads. I usually do more basecamp style hunts but am open to backcountry with the right person. Let me know if there's any interest out there.
If you're willing to take a beginner along and be a mentor, I'd be very happy to join you. I can be a great help in everything needed.
Been trying to find a mentor for practical field experience as I am new and never hunted before. been at it for almost two years now with no luck..
Thanks

I am an experienced archery elk hunter who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 13th - September 20th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd

I am an experienced archery elk hunter who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 13th - September 20th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd
I’m interested but PM function not working. I can be reached at 9088925400 . Thanks

This sounds like a ton of fun! Unfortunately, I can't do Colorado this year. Would love to try to plan something for another year though.

Maybe we could swap a hunt? Anything for us to chase in your area? Look me up next spring. PEACE

There are some nasty backcountry places we could hunt in Idaho to get away from people. I'd be up for hunting Idaho one year and Colorado the next. Let's start thinking about something once this season's over.

Hey there khafen74- I’m not sure IF anyone mentioned that the Non resident Idaho OTC tags for other units (other than a few quota units like Diamond crk or Sawtooth) are truly OTC- Don’t quote me but there are probably at least 10 Elk zones (like 35+ units)that are truly OTC. I’m going to be hunting the Panhandle for the entire month of September. These will be day hunts, overnights, and possibly up to 3-4 day backpack hunts. It is more efficient to hunt in shorter time periods up here to find the Elk. Maybe this info will help you? Also, I’m looking for a North Idaho archery elk partner for September 2021. Panhandle tags are unlimited. Let me know if you’re interested

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back