Yeti GOBOX Collection

Apply now for Sportsman's Roundtable seats

Oak

Expert
The Roundtable could use a few motivated people. Please understand the commitment before applying.

CPW is now accepting applications to fill a few open seats on the statewide Sportsmen's Roundtable. The application period is open Monday, April 18 through 5 p.m. Monday, May 2, 2016.

Responsibilities of members include: ​​

1.Participating in an in-person meeting twice a year at meeting locations that rotate around the state.

2.Participating in conference calls every two to three months.

3.Sharing information and ideas with Roundtable members a​​nd senior CPW staff on pressing issues.

4.Sharing your contact information on the CPW Roundtable webpage and being available to sportsmen around the state to share and discuss information pertinent to the Roundtable.

Terms are for two years and run from August 2016 through July 2018. ​

To apply for one of the open seats on the statewide Sportsmen's Roundtable, please fill out this online application​ by 5 p.m. May 2, 2016. For more information, read this announcement. If you'd prefer, there's also a print version of the application with mailing address.

Due today! God knows why, but I threw my name in the hat again. I hope some of you step up so that they are not relegated to selecting me again.

My name is Oak.

I've been over-allocating my volunteer time for eighteen years.

I've not volunteered for any conservation work since .... yesterday.

Due today! God knows why, but I threw my name in the hat again. I hope some of you step up so that they are not relegated to selecting me again.

I really want to apply, but I'm nervous that my travel schedule will be too brutal for this (e.g. In May, June, July, I am sleeping in my own bed a total of like 12 nights). I know the actual in person meetings are limited, but what's the realistic schedule commit, Oak?

I know the actual in person meetings are limited, but what's the realistic schedule commit, Oak?

Two in person meetings per year, which are held on Saturdays, usually in Buena Vista, and usually in February and August. These are 11am-4pm with lunch served, so count on a full day unless you live nearby.

About 6 additional 1 hour conference calls per year, which are held during working hours. We have no say in the timing of these calls...they are at the whim of CPW staff. For example, our next conference call is Tuesday May 21 at 12:30pm.

The Roundtable representatives from each region try to plan at least a couple of public meetings annually for the Roundtable to disseminate information about current affairs, and to collect input from the public. These are generally on a weekday evening, near a larger population center in each region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back