Anyone wanna buy a trophy room?

120 deer racks, 35 of which are over 150"; 4 elk racks, all 6 point or better; 2 muleys, a caribou, and 100 turkey beards. And the guy says he killed them all himself. Am I the only one here who smells a rat?

Its an impressive collection to say the least, but he did'nt say anywhere that he killed all of those animals...he only stated he hunted them.....people go hunting for easter eggs, it does'nt mean you take your 7mm out and shot eggs with it. I am sure by hunting he meant he searched out and bought them from others etc......

He doesn't even have pictures of the elk and caribou... and I would make damn sure I put pictures up of individual deer scoring in the 190's.

I bet they'd get $25k+ if they'd separate them out a little instead of trying to sell it in one big batch. He says he's got two 190 class deer, those would probably be worth 4-5k a piece.

When somebody asks the question "Did you kill all these?" and he answers "It was fun hunting these" he's either stating that he did indeed kill them all or he's trying to BS the guy by dancing around the question with a nebulous answer. Did you kill all these? Yes or no? It's a simple question. Two others ask if they're all real; the answer is "thanks for your interest." Yep, he's definitely on the up-and-up. ;)

smalls said:
He doesn't even have pictures of the elk and caribou... and I would make damn sure I put pictures up of individual deer scoring in the 190's.

I bet they'd get $25k+ if they'd separate them out a little instead of trying to sell it in one big batch. He says he's got two 190 class deer, those would probably be worth 4-5k a piece.

I agree he should seperate them out... But I still think he's asking way to much... Just going on what he's says he's got, let assume he's got 5 b&C racks... that might be worth $8-10k depending on size, the rest aren't worth all that much... I would say he'd be lucky to get $13-14k for the lot. Thats just my opinion though. looks like a majority of the racks are pretty little too.

What is a turkey beard worth??? Really?

I am wondering why Cabela's hasn't jumped in on this one to fill their trophy rooms..

Well, apparently nobody did want to buy those mounts, as there was ZERO bids. I think he's crazy thinking anybody would bid 25 Grand without being able to look them over in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back