PEAX Equipment

Anyone use Aluma-Hyde II?

MThuntr

Thinking of coating my Howa Mini 6mmARC and 10/22 with something to make them look more interesting and thought it might be better than the standard rattle can and figured maybe someone has tried it. Particularly interested in knowing if it makes the action kind of sticky like some coatings can?

FWIW Brownell's targeted ads suggested it with free shipping of the Aluma-Hyde.

Reactions: LQ9
Super tough coating.

I Duracoated two rifles about six years ago, then used Aluma-Hyde II clear as a final coat to protect.

After six years of HARD hunting six species I see no dents, chips or scratches on either rifle.

The only thing I keep seeing is....SHAKE IT! Shake it like it owes you money, and then shake it like it owes your family money, but also insulted said family. Then shake it again. Other than that, I've heard it's amazing protection for something that's not cerakote.

Ive used it on some AR mags and it has held up pretty well. They also have the Magpul FDE which is hard to find a paint that matches perfect.

I’m super happy to see this post.

I have a 870 slug gun torn apart on my work bench. I have sanded it down to bare metal (everything blued) because my wife’s uncle left it sitting in a closet and rushed for about 10 years. I’m trying to figure out how to refinish it and I don’t really want to blue it because I’m just afraid that he will leave it rust again.

Anyone have a good example on how to proceed? I would assume I need to wipe it down with some kind of alcohol or paint thinner or something I paint it with that Hyde II.

Thanks!

This what I found when I searched "Brownells Alumahyde"

Alumahyde

It has videos and quick prep/use notes. Good luck and show us if it works!

I’m super happy to see this post.

I have a 870 slug gun torn apart on my work bench. I have sanded it down to bare metal (everything blued) because my wife’s uncle left it sitting in a closet and rushed for about 10 years. I’m trying to figure out how to refinish it and I don’t really want to blue it because I’m just afraid that he will leave it rust again.

Anyone have a good example on how to proceed? I would assume I need to wipe it down with some kind of alcohol or paint thinner or something I paint it with that Hyde II.

Thanks!
I've used it on aluminum (mossberg receiver, etc.) just follow all directions like degreasing and prepping the surface/warming the can/shake it like it owes you money/keep the nozzle clean and it works like a charm.

Back