MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anyone read the newspaper today?

Most people can't afford an extra $700 on top of what they spend hunting. Oh, and living. Many can, but I'd venture to say that most - by that I mean the vast majority - cannot. Lots of people hunt in crappy boots and whatever hunting clothes they find cheap. I think maybe you are a little out of touch with 'most folks.'

If I were you, I'd probably be lobbying the same position you are. I've had fishing spots overrun by the masses. Places where I had solitude and could catch toads without ever seeing another person. It wasn't landlocked by private, just a bitch to hike into but they eventually found it.

I think the main objective is being overlooked here. No one has said the Wilks are bad people.

Really, nobody is saying they are bad people?

The amount of elk that migrate on to the Wilk ranch/holdings is obscene.These guys are driven to lock up as much as possible.I have a friend who owns a substantial ranch in that area,which these Texans have tried to buy.He told them to take their money and go piss up a rope.Would have LOVED to see the expression on their faces when this good ole' boy scoffed at their ridiculous wagon of money.FTF's:D

If this is purely about keeping a high quality piece of public lands available to hunt, I am in it to win it with you. If instead it is people pi$$ed off because somebody decided to buy a large ranch and offer to swap for inholdings then you can fight that fight yourself.

Seems like most guys don't lift a finger until their own little honey hole is threatened and then they expect fellow hunters to circle the wagons.

Nemont

The Wilkes would like to own the entire area if possible. They have been offering money to the very few remaining adjacent landowners on a regular basis despite the lands not even being on the market. Most have said NO WAY. A recently deceased landowners parcels in the SW regions of the LS range will likely be the next they add to their empire.

The Wilkes would like to own the entire area if possible. They have been offering money to the very few remaining adjacent landowners on a regular basis despite the lands not even being on the market. Most have said NO WAY. A recently deceased landowners parcels in the SW regions of the LS range will likely be the next they add to their empire.

This is the property that i mentioned earlier. I'm gonna take a trip up there tomorrow to see if it's true.

I am a resident of Fergus County and I am completely against trading away this chunk of land.

Even if I never go there - it is enough to know that I can go into the heart of the Wilkes ranch. That gives me great comfort.

The Wilkes boys value this piece of land in the extreme and so do I.

I'll bet a land swap deal has already been made, and it wont likely favor the public, perhaps a few public officals though.

This gives pretty good insight into the future for the property these guys purchase. Be grateful that there aren't others purchasing this property who aren't for hunter's rights and access in Montana

Dan Tiegen, whose 44,500-acre family ranch north of Grass Range is for sale for $21.6 million, said his family has talked to the Wilks brothers about their property. But the family had initially sought a conservation easement from the state that would have preserved public hunting access and prevented development of the ranch. That deal fell through recently as the state moved to purchase land along the Milk River.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...23b-509f-b6d7-80c94c75b041.html#ixzz2NIAHazDN

Back