anyone know where i can lope hunt archery OTC?

schmalts

Looking to fit in a 3-4 day lope archery hunt in august. Anyone know a spot with OTC tags that has good cover or water for hunting these goofy thing? I never did it and have a small window to fit it in this year. Lemme know!! I know colorado is OTC but not sure what other states are.

smalts.....I think Idaho is the only other state that offers OTC archery antelope.....but them Ida Os could steer you better.....Good Luck
smile.gif

Good luck finding something, I checked with the guy below this post in CO and he wanted 1500. Seems a bit high for a CO tag to me but Im no expert.
I think I will draw for one next year though.
Let us know what you find.

I'm gonna ask some of the landowners in NM when I get there in Sept to see if I can set up something for NEXT archery season.
We will see though!

Schmalts,
I can't help you much for CO. I don't know anything about the OTC areas here. The places I hunt are totally limited.

Oak

Schmalts,

I think Idaho is OTC for Non-res archery antelope. It is for Idaho. To these links, it looks like non-res is also OTC, unlimited quota.
Idaho Non-Resident Tag Information It says antelope is $235, but click here anyway....

Your hunting license would be $128.50
Idaho Non-Resident License Fees/Information,.... click here

And from their website at IDFG...
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Antelope
Antelope range across much of southern Idaho and can be hunted either in the general archery season or in controlled hunts. There is no general season rifle hunt. The archery season runs from mid-August to mid-September. Most controlled antelope hunts run from late September to late October. In most areas upland bird seasons are open at the same time, allowing dual-purpose hunts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't consider Idaho to be a great Antelope state. I don't think the F&G manages Antelope for hunters. I think they manage them to minimize impact on Welfare Ranchers
mad.gif
. The good news is, for Archery, it is usually possible to find ranchers that will help you out with access, or will even run them down in the flatbed International 1-ton for you, so you can stick them with a bow.
wink.gif
The guys I know that hunt them successfully with a bow find the water holes out in the middle of nowhere, and set up a blind for them. The decoy thing has not been overly successful from those that I know who have tried it. And there are a few that get killed via ambush on the ranches.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-26-2003 22:23: Message edited by: SalmonGunner ]</font>

I have 1 landowner voucher for archery in Colorado unit 3/303. This area is one of the best for big bucks and one of the hardest to draw. I offer a 7 day hunt out of blinds at waterholes. My past bow hunters have had over 90% sucess with most taking P+Y bucks. A 7 day hunt with the voucher is reduced to $1500. If your interested e-mail me.
[email protected]
Colorado Hunting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I offer a 7 day hunt out of blinds at waterholes. My past bow hunters have had over 90% sucess with most taking P+Y bucks. A 7 day hunt with the voucher is reduced to $1500. Colorado Hunting[/URL][/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Reduced??? Holy crap
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back