Caribou Gear Tarp

Anyone CO Archery Hunting?

mali0056

I am getting very excited for the opening of CO Archery hunting this weekend. I started packing like a month ago. I would like to hear from other hunters as well. I am always interested in knowing where other hunters are targeting and what kind of hunt you are doing.

1. Unit: GMU 47
  2. Weapon: Bear Legionnaire
  3. Bolts: Patriots
  4. Bolt Ends: G5 Montec
  5. Style: Walk-in backpack

Unit: GMU 42(ish) - I will bounce around a bit, I have this really bad habit of exploring that I haven't been able to shake
Weapon: Elite Energy 35
Bolts: carbon storm
Bolt Ends: 125gr G5 Montec
Style: Walk-in, hobble, sweat, rinse, repeat

Sounds like fun... good luck to you guys.

I have to wait until 1st rifle, seems like it is forever away.

The opening morning jitters are defiantly starting. However, the closer I get the more the hunting gods seem to be working against me. Every week I learn of more and more conflicts. Family events, kids sports, doctor appointments and everything else. Luckily I hunt local, so I may just have to take a few more vacation days and make it work.

The opening morning jitters are defiantly starting. However, the closer I get the more the hunting gods seem to be working against me. Every week I learn of more and more conflicts. Family events, kids sports, doctor appointments and everything else. Luckily I hunt local, so I may just have to take a few more vacation days and make it work.

I hear you, found out last week that my nephew is getting married in Vegas the last weekend of archery, and it will take out the first day of my muzzy speed goat.

Darn family, luckily, the wife and I need a good getaway together and Vegas will scratch that itch.

I'm in...going for CSEH again this year

Unit 70
Elite Answer
Easton Axis
Shuttle T Black Ops
My buddy lives there, so I'll sleep in a comfy bed every night and have a shower every day

I'll be in unit 50 the 4th season. Good luck in unit 47.

If you are near Leadville, stop at Quincy's for a steak or The Golden Boro for breakfast.
The Dam Brewery is also very good off Rt.70 in Dillon - Frisco area.

I'll be out... Sunday evening. Wife's family always has to have a wedding during the season :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll be in quite a few units around home- depending on the crowd. Bowtech Allegiance, Easton Axis, Magnus Stingers, with a camp set in one area, and driving to others. And I've got a bear tag too.

I'm jealous of all of you heading out this year. Planning on heading out next year for my first attempt at archery elk in co. Best of luck to all.

I am not planning on it - just going up to support and glass. Drew my rifle elk tag and should not be greedy. My wife is kicking me off HT, and she might kick me out of the house....
good luck and good night boys and girls

First archery hunt in 10 years! 2nd and 3rd weekends of September.

GMU - 551
PSE - Maurauder
Easton - Game Hunter - blazer 2.5 inch vanes - muzzy fixed broadhead
Walk in deep where the big bulls sleep!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back