MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anyone chase coyotes with snowmobiles?

Doug

I seen this on another forum and thought it was interesting. Evidently it's a pretty common thing in Wyoming to run down coyotes with snowmobiles.....maybe it's one of those extreme sports I've been hearing so much about. I copy and pasted the original post below. I also invited Coyote Buster to come to huntalk and tell us how it's done.
wink.gif

HEY, GUYS JUST WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CHASE COYOTES WITH SNOWMOBILES ITS GREAT FUN AND CAN BE VERY PRODUCTIVE OUR BEST DAY IS 19.

--------------------
coyote buster

we do it here all the time. when our hounds are running one and he breaks in a field we turn him back with the sleds. some we run over a bit to slow them down to let the hounds catch up. no gun needed. got 28 so far this winter with hounds. and a little help from polaris LOL

bearbait

19 is a Fugging lot.... Let's just say there has been one or two at least in Idaho Ran over... They don't run fast untill they get on your compacted track to run away... then they haul ASS !!! And if You pin one, they do bite and Rip Snowmobiling bibs....

I'll have to see if I have a picture around here of some ripped bibs
elkgrin.gif

Wow,

Are you sure this style of chasing yotes is legal? Here in Indiana you would be paying a hefty price if you got caught using a motorized vehicle to pursue game. Including confiscating your snow mobile.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-03-2003 19:18: Message edited by: 1Ranger49 ]</font>

Neil,
As far as I am aware this activity does not violate the game laws of Wyoming. Coyotes are not considered a game animal in Wyoming. There's many ways that coyotes populations are kept under control... trapping, m-44's, arial shotgunning. From what I am learning, it's also considered common practice to run them down with snowmobiles in Wyoming. So lets see some pictures and hear from guys who run coyotes.
wink.gif

You're actually right, Or..... they could go to the Sporsmans section and See us fighting there ..
wink.gif

you can Kill every 'yote you see and Never get them all. they'll be around 6,000 years when we're gone.

I know guys that Shoot them and Let them lay, Is that wrong too ? Should that be in a different topic ? How about shooting Groundsquirls ? Is there a difference ?

Moosie, I don't have a problem with shooting them. That's a quick death, or should be. Running them over with snowmobiles just doesn't sound like a good thing for a so-called sportman to do, in my opinion. I would think people would be capable of knowing right from wrong without having to have a law against every little thing.

Washington Hunter .. Are you Actually that Ethical in Real life too, Cuz On these boards You're the man BAR NON !!!
tongue.gif

NO, I hear you on the 'yote thing, but runningthem over doesn't kill them, It's when you PIN them and Shoot them with your Side arm that does the trick !!!

So, Don't worry about the Snowmobils running over them, I think It's all a Myth people joke around about
footinmouth.gif

What about shooting wet bitches and letting their pups in the den to starve to death? Should we push to get coyotes declared a game animal with seasons and bag limits? Should it be illegal to not utilize all parts of a killed coyote? When you start bringing ethics into the varmint forum things get pretty confusing don't they?
wink.gif

Doug

No, I don't think any more laws or regulations are needed, but I would just hope that people would be ethical on their own. Just think about what you are doing. Think about whether you would take your kid along while running coyotes over with a snowmobile and teach them to do it, and whether that would make you proud to teach your kid poor ethics.

I'd be willing to bet it's illegal in any state you check. But, if you can prove me wrong, I'll admit it.

It doesn't matter if it's illegal though. Have at it. After all, the only laws we need to abide by are the ones that we think make sense, right?
rolleyes.gif

Oak

Here's the link where the original post came from:
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=29;t=000090

The original poster had more to add:

Hey guys when i say we run up on them i mean that we run up behind them or be side them not on top of them!!!!! Yes we are skining and selling the furs we don't just hunt from the machines we trap and call and also the snowmobiling must just be a young mans thing i'm only 16 my dad would rather call one in. Whoever it was that said that it wasn't a hunt thats not true it is a hunt it isn't as easy as it sounds. We have to hunt alot to control them on tha ranch it's 100,000 acers. we run 1000 head of cows and 800 head of sheep so we have to keep them trimed down a bit.

--------------------
coyote buster

I bet coyote buster doesn't even know what a welfare rancher or a riparian zone is. Where's Ithaca when you really need him?
wink.gif

Doug

Oh Doug ,wash your mouth out with soap!!!!
We should have at least ONE FREE ZONE around this place

; Screw the Anti's!!!!!
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-06-2003 14:49: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

Doug, "Where's Ithaca...." I've been taking a break. I don't think I'd be in favor of chasing any animals with vehicles, even predators or varmints. Everybody else around here oughta know enough by now about welfare ranching and riparian zones to expound on them like an expert!
biggrin.gif

"Screw the Anit's!!!!!"
Sounds good to me! What's an "anit" and how do ya make love to one?
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-06-2003 22:50: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

Back