Anybody tried loading Speer Impact projectiles yet?

Very limited use in an older JC Higgins 30-06 I was working up loads for. Cannot really say anything bad about them. The rifle ended up liking flat base 220 gr which to me says it doesn't like boat tails so not much help here. I don't think there is any reason why they shouldn't work. I have noted that Speer kind of jumps around with bullets so If you find one that works, buy a bunch before they discontinue it and move to the next new thing.

With my 6.5's I've found myself using Speer Hot Core's again after years of Hornady spire points. Used Speer 160gr Hot Cores in a 7mm mag years ago, great bullet! Now I have hot cores in my 6.5's and they are shooting better than I need. First I've heard about "Speer Impact" bullet's. I believe we really don't need new type bullet's as even the bullet's I don't choose to use work much better than needed. I suspect Speer might be simply looking for something new which, if they work well, will bring them a bunch of new business! Most all bullet's have a similar trait. Place them right and they simply kill things dead right now! I suspect the only projectile not in a modern hunting rifle is a 20mm RPG round! of course different bullet's do have different qualities and different thing's appeal to different people. Two thing I'd like to see if Speer is simply looking for a new sales product would be a 130gr 6.5 bullet and if they made the hot core bullet's with a mag tip I'd be a happy camper. Some people will find a couple thing's hard to believe. Rem core locks still kill things as dead as they ever did and you can only kill an animal so dead!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back