PEAX Equipment

Anybody Planning ?????

HOLY SHEIT !!!! AFRICA is CHEEP rat now! I just got unsolicited offers for Ele and Buff, all inclusive including Trophy fees for $16K and a Namibia Buff hunt in an area that is producing 45-52 inch Buffs for $5K and $750/day....guess they read my Obama stock market report and knew I cud not JUMP on both of these! Gawd Dammit!!!

Maybe others know why this is, i think I know why but seeing what others opinion is, why is it that if the rand is at 10 t0 1 roughly now why are the PHs still advertising the same 0r higher prices in US dollars. F0r example I saw a price list that had kudu at 1800US but 10750 rand. If I was g0ing this year I think I would try t0 negotiate a compromise.

When we were in Salt Lake there must have been 20 Africa outfitters set up. There were some real bargains and if a guy was serious about going you could have cut some deals.

All the prices I saw were lower than when I went in 2007. Dollar is up, business is down.

My Zambia PH/Outfitter was at [email protected] annual Open House a few weeks ago just down the road from me. They sold zilch, along with Wes's other Outfitters in Reno. It is a great time to hunt anydamnwhere if you got any $$$$$ in your hunting account.....unfortunely, I had my hunting account in Mutuals......

It is a great time to hunt anydamnwhere if you got any $$$$$ in your hunting account.....unfortunely, I had my hunting account in Mutuals......

And I thought that I was the only one that had their hunting account in Mutuals......

Oh well the rates are low for a loan. No sense take a big hit on that money now.

I almost wish I would have waited to book a hunt this year...almost.

HOLY SHEIT!! I just got an offer to participate in an Ele "Cull Hunt" in Hwange Park, Zim that would total, EVERYDAMN THING, less than $20K for TWO Ele !!! And I am broke!!! (Non-exportable except pics and video)
Anybody got an interest on this offer, email me at [email protected] and I will forward the info..

Africa

Went last year to South Africa and am seriously considering making a deposit to go back in 2010. I was excited to go and all but basically it was my buddies who talked me into it. Before we left I was hoping it would be worth it because honestly at the time I was wondering if I was going to kick myself later on for not using the money on a dall sheep hunt or some other hunt in Alaska. Now it's pretty much all I think about. Got lucky and drew a goat tag in AK this year which I'm pumped about but all in all Africa is hard to beat. The airfare and taxi bill are killers though. Had my stuff done there and just paid the bill so when I finally do get it at least I'm done with it and don't have to worry about forking over more cash to get them completed. I hear guys that haven't gone say they would choose AK over Africa and I was actually one of them but you really don't know until you given it a shot at how addicting it is. Seems like you never hear anyone that went say anything other then they can't wait to go back. Would post some pics but after trying several times I gave up. Don't know what the deal is because I've posted them several times on various sites and haven't had a problem. Gives me an error upload problem.

Sucks to get addicted to Spiral Horns and not have the money to pursue all them wonderful creatures but I am going back to Zam to try for that damn Sitatunga again in Sept. I got four Bushbuck sub species, three Kudu subspecies, Nyala and two Eland subspecies. The Sitatunga and a Cape Eland, which can be picked up any time--I am just being damn picky and have passed a number thru the last few years, are the only other ones I can afford.
JPOMAI, I went on my ONCE IN A LIFETIME HUNT TO AFRICA, talked into by three friends, in 2001. This year will mark my ninth year in a row with 11 total Safaris! YEP! It is addicting....now if the Trickle Up Obama Economy will just work!!??

Pics finally

Finally figured out the pics. Had to scan them so the quality is not quite as good. Anyway here they are. This was the first mature kudu I saw and the first African animal I took. Didn't have a PH in the blind with me so I had no idea that it was a monster 57 1/2" but I figured it was big. Spoiled on kudu now. Kind of like a 14 year old kid killing a 375 inch bull the first time out.

Attachments

• 57 Kudu.jpg
    57 Kudu.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 95
Pics

21" Impala- Missed one a couple hours earlier. Out thought myself trying to compensate for string jumping. This one was at the water by himself so it made it alot easier.

Attachments

• 21 Impala.jpg
    21 Impala.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 94
pic

27" Nyala-Walk and stalk on the last day. 35 yard shot in the last half hour of daylight. What a way to finish up the trip.

Attachments

• 27 Nyala.jpg
    27 Nyala.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 94
If you got a few bucks in your hunting account, Atchesons just recently posted a pretty darn good Namibia deal on their website. Leopard including bait and a 2nd Gemsbok for $10K. Lotsa PG available on trophy fee basis.

Like I said earlier I've been researching alot and planning on a return to Africa in 2010 but then I came on a great deal and had to jump on it. Dries Visser Safaris who I've looked at quite a bit and has a great reputation has a special called his 2009 Economy Buster. 10 days plains game hunt. Everything including international roundtrip airfare from Dulles to Johannesburg for $2499. For those that have gone before or researched going you know that's a heck of a deal. I paid $2600 alone in airfare last year. Only thing you have to worry about paying for are tips, trophy fees and alcoholic drinks. Leaving September 2. Kind of sureal to think I'm leaving in about 100 days. I had about a year and a half to mull it over before going last year. Observers can go for the same price. Can't wait.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back