Caribou Gear

Anybody know the new FWP Commissioners

howler

Mt Gov. Bullock appointed 3 new FWP Commissioners yesterday, Matthew Tourtlotte, of Billings,,Lawrence Wetsit, of Wolf Point, and Chinook rancher Richard Stuker,, Anybody know them and how do you think they will do ?????

I don't know any of them. Hope the Gov keeps politics out of the Commission. The last Gov made the Commission his political playground and again, we are now paying for it in the legislature.

I don't know any of them. Hope the Gov keeps politics out of the Commission. The last Gov made the Commission his political playground and again, we are now paying for it in the legislature.

I don't know them either. I am confident that Bullock isn't interested in micro-managing the agency though. During the campaign he made it clear that he wanted a director who could handle the agency and all the controversy while being an effective administrator. Wed got that with Jeff Hagener.

In dealing with the Gov's office and FWP this session, I'd say that it's Hagener who's driving the ship on wildlife issues.

As for the last Gov and the commission, they'd be coming for us regardless of the actions taken by Schweitzer ( Milk River Ranch, bison, etc). MT's wildlife is too juicy a target for some folks to leave alone.

Funniest thing I've noticed this session: It seems to be all the transplants who moved to MT who think they know how to best manage wildlife through legislative fiat. ;)

I do not know any of them either. I just hope that we will begin to see wildlife managed biologically, not socially like it is now.

I was just looking up the rancher. "Stuker has extensive experience in breeding and managing domestic livestock and has operated a family cattle ranch in northern Blaine County for 32 years. He has served on the FWP Region 6 State Parks Search Committee, Montana Association of State Grazing Districts, Chinook School Board and the Triangle Communications board."

http://farm.ewg.org/

Legislature says manage big game for the biggest bucks ($), and wildlife should take a back seat to livestock production.;)

You guys up there have no idea what its like to have a wildlife dept that manages for money and gives everything to landowners :rolleyes:

Back