Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anybody Deer Hunting Colorado, Bayfield / Pagosa Springs Area ???

chasenbugles

I just returned from elk hunting this area and found a giant non-typical mule deer on public ground. Huge mass with 11 on one side, was within 40 yards of him for a while. Has to be a 200 inch buck. I am not a mule deer hunter, but if anybody has some solid elk area advice (anywhere I can get a tag) I can give you the exact gps coordinates he was bedded a few days ago. I will only tell one person so there isn't a crowd. The way the buck acted I don't think he has seen much pressure it is fairly close to a road, but I think an overlooked spot maybe. Thanks

Elk hunting was tough to say the least. My usual go-to spot had a brand new atv trail opened right through the middle of it. Had been 4 for 4 there the last 4 years on good bulls, but they were simply pushed totally out and I never found them (guess it was good while it lasted). Was looking for a plan b and found this huge buck. Thanks for the welcome

deer info

Have 2nd. season deer tag for 77/78 will be my first time hunting in Col.going to get an otc elk tag would appreciate any info. Tks

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back