MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Having an argument about taxation without recognizing the difference between earned income and passive income, is a lot like being a CPW commissioner charged with big game tag allocation having never applied for a big game license nor the inclination to learn how it works.

Good article sums up why I dumped VZ. And oh the Lilly chick.. below it sums up debt and how VZ might need to raise prices. I just quit VZ due to their prices...
T-Mobile had the foresight to go all-in on mid-band spectrum, which offers the best trade-off between speed and coverage for 5G phones. But Verizon and AT&T pursued millimeter wave buildouts at first, which is faster but often inaccessible. To plug their mid-band holes, AT&T and Verizon spent big in 2020's C-band auction, shelling out tens of billions of dollars to acquire mid-band spectrum, but greatly increased their respective debt loads in the process. Moreover, even with the C-band rollout, each are still playing catch-up to T-Mobile.

That has left both Verizon and AT&T in a tough position. They can either raise prices in order to cover the costly 5G buildout, but that would risk losing customers to T-Mobile, which generally offers affordable plans.

In the second quarter, T-Mobile added 1.7 million postpaid customers, with 723,000 postpaid phone net additions. AT&T added 1.05 million postpaid customers. While its postpaid phone net additions exceeded T-Mobile's at 813,000, keep in mind T-Mobile is still losing some churn from its Sprint base as it shuts down Sprint's legacy network. Furthermore, AT&T appeared to lean heavily on phone subsidies, as its free cash flow fell well below expectations.

Verizon only grew postpaid phone net adds by a mere 12,000, with losses at the consumer segment offset by gains in enterprise mobility.

Im sitting on some decent unrealized gains here as well after opening a position 15 minutes before Powell’s most recent speech

Not nearly enough to cover my unrealized losses in my numerous long positions that I opened about 1.5 years ago 😂
With etfs like sqqq, don’t sit on those gains too long. Those gains will evaporate in a sideways market. Those instruments are great for a trade but suck for a hold

The September slump isn't a sure thing. There are some Septembers that have been great, but some have been really bad. With well over 100 years of data I just wouldn't expect September to be a good month as a general rule.

Sure if the Fed only does 50 basis points, if Russia withdraws from Ukraine, etc. there might be some good upward movement, but there is a reason September is the worst month, we just really don't know what it is. LOL.
It's like what Yogi Berra supposedly said: "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."

With etfs like sqqq, don’t sit on those gains too long. Those gains will evaporate in a sideways market. Those instruments are great for a trade but suck for a hold
Until we drop another 15% this fall

Until we drop another 15% this fall
Maybe. You have to get the timing right with them also. If we drop 15% in September than it would be an outstanding trade. 15% drop in November or later may disappoint some for the risk that was taken.

Saw my FA at the gym as I was leaving yesterday . . . he was cornered by a few of his clients whom are mutual friends. As I walked by I asked if he was giving the them falling knife cautionary. Gave me the ssshush...

100% agree, it’s a short term play, but it’s slush fund money anyway so I am willing to buy the risk of a couple months of sideways trading for the potential payoff of what I suspect may be a rough fall for equities

Markets go up, and no one has a clue where it is going. Markets go down, and suddenly everyone is an expert. Seems to hold true in every market I have ever seen... Just makes me laugh.

My comment is not directed at anyone, just a funny observation I thought I would share.
Better lucky than good sometimes

Markets go up, and no one has a clue where it is going. Markets go down, and suddenly everyone is an expert. Seems to hold true in every market I have ever seen... Just makes me laugh.

My comment is not directed at anyone, just a funny observation I thought I would share.
How is this for a prediction, at some point in time the market will be much higher than it currently is. Your welcome 😂😂

Back