Caribou Gear

Any Trad Shooters?

Horn Seeker

Just curious. Here's a bow I just finished and shipped off today. This is one of the coolest pieces of cocobolo I've worked with or seen.

KWrisergoodrs.jpg

KWshelfrs.jpg

I started shooting longbows a few years ago and absolutely fell in love with them...then started building them and really have had fun with that. STill gotta kill something with one of them, but I'm not holding my breath as Ive never been able to kill Chit with a bow yet!
:confused:

Sweet looking bow Horn Seeker! It looks like you do a lot of what I W-A-N-T to do, but can't seem to find time... Shed hunting and building bows to name two!

Do I know you? I live just ouside Lolo, and have taught Bowhunter Ed in the past (Just not in the last few years).

I have been shooting a longbow since my first Long Bow Safari in Golden, BC.. in the late 80's, maybe 1989? I have built one (Mine) and assisted with others, but have not yet built the takedown recurve that I would like, as you show here... I do have a few nice sticks, and have shot a lot, but like you, to date I am largely a "Catch and Release Bowhunter".... Another way to look at it is that I tend to be the "scout/caller/guide/packer" on my bowhunts, versus the "shooter/bragger/Killer"... LOL!

My dad and I talked with a LOT of bowyers when gearing up to build our first bows, and became good friends and acquaintances with many of the bigger names in Montana Bowhunting - those were some good times and memories, though life has intervened and I have lost touch with many of those people, and some have passed on...

Regards!

Shortside

You and I live in the same general area, and I am guessing

I've got a longbow but haven't shot it much lately. A nice gent made mine for me for essentially cost so it didn't really cost much. Mine is made of zebrawood with phenolic accents. Pretty nice bow but it stacks like a mother.......

Very nice bow Horn Seeker. Do you make your traditional bows with reflex/deflex limbs or straight? Good job!

Sorry so Tardy!

Shortside, dont know if I know ya...but ought to anyway! I have been here about 9 years now...took bow ed about 8 years ago. Munther was one of my instructors...I am now on the Board of Directors for the MBA...so if you are still active on bow ed...? Maybe we've met.

THanks for the compliment AZ..

Who made your bow Wiley? Mine was designed by an old timer in MT and I "inherited" the limb design after he passed away. It does real good till about 29 1/2 inches, then stacks seriously...but I build a 64 or 66" in bow for those with longer draws.

My limbs are deflex/reflex. I am constantly planning and scheming to change them a bit, but haven't gotten around to it yet..hopefully I will have time soon. People seemed to be pleased with it, the way it is, so I'm not feeling the pressure to make the change!

Ernie

Wow thats a nice looking bow.Hoping to get my first deer with a recurve this year.I have a cooks mountain takedown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back