MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any retail workers here?

junior88

My full time job is at a grocery store, dairy manager. Also work part time at a gun store. This last week has been a real shit show. Been working 12-16 hours a day since last Thursday. Was just wondering if there were others in the same boat, or am I alone in my misery lol

I’m a route sales rep for a major salty snack company. Can’t fathom people hoarding potato chips, but I can’t keep up. I feel your pain !
I did notice the last couple of times I was at the stores he shelves were full of chips and the Hostess and Little Debbie snacks were as full as ever. Guess those are not cosidered "survival quarantine" food.
My wife and I worked in the grocery industry for 70+ years combined. The only times we've seen store shelves look like the do now is when there is a localized natural disaster. Now the stores look this way everywhere.

I run bread... whatever I can get is gone within a couple hours usually. I'll probably run close to double my normal business. I'm working harder but it takes just a little longer since everything is empty

I work as a meat cutter for a grocery chain. Worked 10 to 12 hour days. The case is empty when you walk in and empty when you leave. We didn't have any chicken at all on Sat, a 24 foot 4 shelf case nothing at all you should have seen the blank looks and stares. I've never ground so much hamburger. We also had some $800 single buyer grocery sales.

Tough gig. Hopefully it's a bit of a wake up call for far too many who take for granted the work performed. At the same time, be thankful for the employment fit to face potential 2-3x's the current unemployment rate...

If you want to see what a persons true character is all about, watch them interact with others while in a grocery store this past week. Some are trying to stay positive and helpful around other shoppers, while others are rude and take hoarding to a whole new level. My wife saw one guy about loose his mind and started yelling at a store clerk when they told him he couldn't buy more then a few packages of TP at a time. Store clerks/employees are doing a great job keeping their cool while dealing with these difficult people.

I work for a large retail chain, probably second biggest next to Walmart. I work on the distribution side and we all got $2/hour raises this week and are on mandatory overtime for the foreseeable future, even brought in temp hires.
I unloaded several thousand cases of TP today.
I know my friends who still work at the Walmart DC were all given a case of TP, water and romen noodles and rumors of a $800 bonus check.

My wife works for a health and beauty company. One thing they make is hand soap. She said just that part is going to keep them busy now with everything else falling almost completely off.

You guys in retail ain't seen nothing yet. Wait til those Gov checks start reaching folks hands.

Another 11 hours today. Weird though. Today felt like a normal Sunday, not real crowded and no huge rush when store opened. Company enacted a $2/hr raise for the next two weeks, possibly longer. Many of our customers have been very supportive. Two of them got together and bought our store 10 pizzas, 2 trays of wings, and pulled pork. It was very appreciated. For those of you who have been shopping thank you for your patience. Be safe

Our store asked people to bag their own groceries if they bring their own bags. Lady in front of me started giving the cashier shit...

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back