Any of you guys follow the UFC?

I have been a hardcore fan for the last 10 years.

Here is the thing about Gaethje and Olivera This could go one of two ways. Olivera takes his back and it will be over pretty quick. OR gaethje takes his soul after round 3.

Oliveras game is two back you up to the fence and put the pressure on. I have a hard time believing he is gonna be able to do that to Gaethje. I really think that 3-4 strike combo that ends in the short leg kick from Justin is gonna cause olivera to break.

Olivera is on a crazy streak for sure, and its cause his game changed to be more of a pressure fighter. He historically does not do well against fighters that can put the pressure on him. EX: watch the Paul Felder fight.

Not only can Gaethje put serious pressure on, he has shown in the last 5 fights that he can counter strike with the best of them.

My Pick: its tough cause there is nobody in the top 3 that can hang with Oliveras ground game. If olivera can make that happen (and thats a big if) he will win that fight. But I dont think he is gonna be able to take the leg kicks and hes gonna break down. Gaethje wins this one by KO in round 3.

Ive gotten more and more into over the last couple years. Honestly watching it almost more than NFL anymore, NFL has so many stupid rules now and not to mention the amount of adds and commercial breaks. Yes UFC you have to pay for the fight card but then its basically add free.

Back to Gaethje, I'm really hoping he beats Olivera. His leg kicks are on another level, more so than almost anyone else. I think the kicks will handicap Olivera and thus take away his ability to shoot to get Justin down. From there Gaethje will show why they call him the highlight lol.

Nobody gave Oliveira much if any chance to beat Poirier. I'll admit I didn't but then again I knew what happened was a real probability. So maybe he has shored up his overall game. Why the really hope Gaethe wins tho? I mean he is very exciting to watch. Kind of hard when none of them beat Khabib

Nobody gave Oliveira much if any chance to beat Poirier. I'll admit I didn't but then again I knew what happened was a real probability. So maybe he has shored up his overall game. Why the really hope Gaethe wins tho? I mean he is very exciting to watch. Kind of hard when none of them beat Khabib
I just like Gaethje, that's all. Heck of a fighter and fun to watch.

As far as Khabib goes, that guy was a savant, but I think if Gaethge hadn't gotten tired and impatient and a little sloppy, and been able to avoid that nasty triangle choke, he'd have beaten him in the decision for sure. Those guys are two incredibly talented athletes.

Gaethje is definitely more of a striker, but his ground game is no joke either. Generally see him scramble and go on defense when an opponent shoots, but he has a strong history in collegiate wrestling. His ability to scramble and avoid might wind up being very key against Oliveira, but he's still no slouch on the mat.

Another one I'm developing a fanboy crush on is that scrawny little kid from Mexico, Brandon Moreno. Besides, when he's in the octagon it affords the perfect opportunity to chant, "Let's go, Brandon!!!"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back