Any GOT Viewers Here...

This show was so bad lol. Everyone’s disappointment is so delicious.

Sansa had the best character arc on the TV show IMO. She developed from a whiny, spoiled, weak child into an intelligent, caring, yet cunning leader. Tyrion as well although he was basically the same person from Slavers Bay to the end. Sansa changed but was never all bad or all good, ASOIAF personified.

Sansa had the best character arc on the TV show IMO. She developed from a whiny, spoiled, weak child into an intelligent, caring, yet cunning leader. Tyrion as well although he was basically the same person from Slavers Bay to the end. Sansa changed but was never all bad or all good, ASOIAF personified.

Tyrion definitely wins several comeback player of the season awards. Bran and Tyrion take the Ford/Nixon wink and nod trophy.

I am curious if things like this are a result of the large viewership of such a popular show, and things like this actually occur on all sorts of shows and these are just being noticed due to that, or if this is a sign that they really phoned it in, or if it was such a large undertaking that mistakes should be expected.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-water-bottle-blooper.html

I disagree entirely. She gets one personal lesson in shiesty behavior from Little Finger and gets raped and all of a sudden she’s a tactical genius? Makes no sense, and she didn’t do anything to earn her title as the queen other than have the last name Stark, which is a family that is seemingly incapable of doing anything other than take massive L’s.

She was a spoiled brat throughout the whole series IMO.

All the Starks except for Jon we’re basically worthless.

I really wonder if some people actually watched the show or just caught a few episodes 🙄

I disagree entirely. She gets one personal lesson in shiesty behavior from Little Finger and gets raped and all of a sudden she’s a tactical genius? Makes no sense, and she didn’t do anything to earn her title as the queen other than have the last name Stark, which is a family that is seemingly incapable of doing anything other than take massive L’s.

She was a spoiled brat throughout the whole series IMO.

All the Starks except for Jon we’re basically worthless.

Well, she told Ramsey that he taught her a lot as well. Before she killed him. I think the Northerners decided she was the only Stark left and was truly loyal to the people of the North. "Must always be a Stark in Winterfell" and all that. Also Arya did kill the Night King which was a pretty big accomplishment IMHO.

Man, you and I came away from this series with completely different opinions. Though I will admit I thought they retroactively made Dany's KL decision make more sense last night. I liked her line that "the people don't get to choose what's best for them".

I think the ending fit well with the books. I find myself liking how things were wrapped up but I wonder if that's because my character opinions are informed by the books rather than the just the show.

Daenerys showed herself to be a pretty crappy ruler in Meeree, made a mess or astapor and yunkai. A ton of people die of plague and when she leaves the status quo of slaving resumes just with different players.

I think it's obvious that adding 8 episodes and fleshing out the plot a bit more would have produced a better end result... but meh, isn't that just about every book to TV adaptation.

Well, she told Ramsey that he taught her a lot as well. Before she killed him. I think the Northerners decided she was the only Stark left and was truly loyal to the people of the North. "Must always be a Stark in Winterfell" and all that. Also Arya did kill the Night King which was a pretty big accomplishment IMHO.

Man, you and I came away from this series with completely different opinions. Though I will admit I thought they retroactively made Dany's KL decision make more sense last night. I liked her line that "the people don't get to choose what's best for them".

I just think it was a beautifully filmed show with god awful story telling. Nothing really worth revisiting or stuff young kids now will be watching by the time they’re adults.

Glad we can agree on Daenerys tho. like I said about Her before, She’s a Bolshevik. ;)

My losses in the stock market today have nearly been offset by my wages paid to scroll hunt talk waiting for my colleagues to cease their 4 hour and counting conversation about this damn show.

I read the books as well, years before there was any thought of a tv show. I will say even if you have watched the show the books are far more detailed and entertaining. Still waiting for the last two, though it will be interesting how they will differ from the tv show since they were written before the tv show had to come up with it's own ending.
I am pretty sure Martin only let the writers do the show because they could guess what his ending was. Martin has also said he will not change his ending just to suprise people. So expect it to be pretty similar.

I think the ending fit well with the books. I find myself liking how things were wrapped up but I wonder if that's because my character opinions are informed by the books rather than the just the show.

Daenerys showed herself to be a pretty crappy ruler in Meeree, made a mess or astapor and yunkai. A ton of people die of plague and when she leaves the status quo of slaving resumes just with different players.

I think it's obvious that adding 8 episodes and fleshing out the plot a bit more would have produced a better end result... but meh, isn't that just about every book to TV adaptation.

Agreed 100%. Blows my mind that people expect exact detail and length as the books. Following up the "Long Night" episode was impossible. While it wasn't absolutely "perfect" for everyone, it is still in a league of it's own. Definitely the GOAT in my mind. However, I'm not a true book/movie nerd so if there has been another show with as many characters or more and storylines intertwined along with ruthless writing please enlighten me so I can binge!

Agreed 100%. Blows my mind that people expect exact detail and length as the books. Following up the "Long Night" episode was impossible. While it wasn't absolutely "perfect" for everyone, it is still in a league of it's own. Definitely the GOAT in my mind. However, I'm not a true book/movie nerd so if there has been another show with as many characters or more and storylines intertwined along with ruthless writing please enlighten me so I can binge!
Books tons... shows... with that production value, no.

THE WIRE

Pretty underwhelming, I agree with most here that the overall story I like but their execution was terrible and they should have went at least 1 more season to flesh things out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back