Any Female Hunters Here?

Last live-in I had couldn't understand what I saw in getting up so early and going waterfowl hunting....soooo, I took her one morning to goose lease....didn't kill no geese but got a great xxxx!

Not many women posting...sigh. I have been small game hunting my whole life, and seriously hunting big game the last six years. I have killed two deer, one elk, and about ten antelope. My husband does not hunt. My oldest daughter is in her second year of college and was my hunting partner. I will not have many hunts with her in the future, given that she is in USNA, and will be commissioned and then flight school and deployment. My other daughter does not care to hunt. I introduced a friend's daughter to antelope hunting this year: we got a double. She would like to go elk hunting next year, but isn't sure about college plans yet. I fished professionally in women's bass tournaments back in the day as well, and had my own big 'ol bass boat. Nowadays, it's just hunting! Hoping to meet some like minded women and some day have an all girls elk camp!

Welcome to the site! There are a few of us on here, but this is an old thread. I'm optimistic that there will be more of us eventually, based on all the wife/girlfriend/daughter hunting photos some of the guys post. It's a good crowd here - enjoy!

Welcome Handymom, there are women that post and had been posting to the forum before the thread OP joined and her following request to the owner for a women specific sub category.

It is a good hunting forum with hunters that not only hunt, but most care about public access, conservation and are active in working towards future generations of hunting and hunters in their states and national. There are artists of a variety of media, great recipes shared, jokes that will make you spit your English Tea all over your research papers, a wide diversity of opinions/perspectives, great place to learn, and it is well maintained by owners to ensure a good environment.

Since you are from CO, I must warn you, there is a long running Colorado Sexiest Elk Hunter (CSEH) competition between some of the hunters that involves flip flops, pasty white legs, dance offs, and pics or it didnt happen. ;)

When I first saw this post a couple of years ago, I was really interested in the female perspective.

I was disappointed with the participation.

I then realized that a lot of the females are daughters, wives, and girlfriends of the forum members. I know there are several notable exceptions to that general statement,

I still have high hope for a good discussion. Some of the younger female hunters have some interesting incites on the hunt.

Would love to hear some input.

I will post a story of my own "On Your Own Adventure" soon! I was almost done with it and hit the wrong key and accidentally deleted it...will do it on word and cut and paste so that won't happen again.

Handymom Donna

Great idea!

Not many women posting...sigh. I have been small game hunting my whole life, and seriously hunting big game the last six years. I have killed two deer, one elk, and about ten antelope. My husband does not hunt. My oldest daughter is in her second year of college and was my hunting partner. I will not have many hunts with her in the future, given that she is in USNA, and will be commissioned and then flight school and deployment. My other daughter does not care to hunt. I introduced a friend's daughter to antelope hunting this year: we got a double. She would like to go elk hunting next year, but isn't sure about college plans yet. I fished professionally in women's bass tournaments back in the day as well, and had my own big 'ol bass boat. Nowadays, it's just hunting! Hoping to meet some like minded women and some day have an all girls elk camp!

Enjoyed your post and think that an all girls elk hunt would be a great idea!

My wife is a reformed City girl now and hunts with me. It's so awesome to see her excitement just when she sees an animal, but she hasn't scored yet...but it doesn't get her down.

My wife is my hunting partner in everything..
I am truly blessed to have my best friend with me in all that we do together..

She hunts whitetail, turkeys, waterfowl, bear, and elk with me..
She has many trophies with her bow and gun..

I am trying to get her to join and post with you ladies..

Last edited:
Awesome pics and wife putting meat in the freezer, jdf!! My wife has 1 season under her belt and a couple of near misses and one argument over taking an easy shot and the doe walking away, but she is still just as excited and getting excited for this year as we talk about tag options for her. She said she won't get an account on here of her own after some of the stuff she's seen me post over the years :D

My wife has zero interest. Cold and getting up early are not in her vocabulary. The are both are deal breakers. I did get her out one afternoon to watch the dog work on pheasants. She took pictures and enjoyed that but with kids it is hard to do that anymore, not to mention technically we were breaking the law in Iowa. Weird laws on participation for non hunters.

This little girl loves fishing and is starting to show interests. She shot a 22 last weekend with her older brothers. She has less fear than they did!

As a kid my grandmother taught me to shoot .22 and my dad always snuck me out to go fishing. I recall sitting at my grandmother's house waiting for my dad to come back from his hunts. My mother refused to let me go. (I'm so glad that times have changed). Her mother hunted but it was still seen as unladylike.

4 years ago my whole life situation changed and I was able to go hunting. I've been totally obsessed ever since. I don't think there's a species in PA that I haven't hunted for (except for the elk that I keep hoping I get drawn for). I live to hunt and fish and love eating wild game. Every year I like to expand my horizons more and more. I started with a shotgun and pheasants (still my absolute favorite) and progressed from there to rifle deer. After about a year I added a crossbow to my arsenal with which I've taken 2 deer. I've just started shooting on leagues with my compound bow in hopes of improving enough to feel comfortable hunting with it. I've taken squirrels with both shotgun and .17 hornet and a rabbit with a .22 revolver. At this point I hunt rifle, shotgun, crossbow and flintlock. I've harvested whitetail deer, pheasants, rabbit, squirrels, groundhog, and red fox with a firearm. In addition to hunting, I both fish and trap.

It's great to see all of the other ladies on here.

073EB842-CDBF-41CB-AD52-90A930ADC177.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

The hunting women in my wife. They both want to shoot bull moose.

Jen_s_Elk.jpg

IMG_10515.JPG

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site....Not being raised in a family that hunts, it's almost impossible to find other female hunters to go out hunting with! I wish more women, especially some in my age range (23) were interested in hunting and fishing, or just the outdoors in general. Anyone in the Central California area?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site....Not being raised in a family that hunts, it's almost impossible to find other female hunters to go out hunting with! I wish more women, especially some in my age range (23) were interested in hunting and fishing, or just the outdoors in general. Anyone in the Central California area?

Welcome! There aren't a ton of women on here, but a few regulars. Lots of the guys have wives/girlfriends/daughters that hunt though. Unfortunately I'm not close to you at all or I would go with. Even here, I don't know many local female hunters. Hopefully you can make some connections and find some hunting buddies!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back