Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Any Cats Lately? Any Snow Lately?

Horn Seeker

Looks like we might finally be getting a little tracking snow in the lower country today. Dang. Everything out there was frozen solid.

Went to work yesterday and a smallish lion had walked right through our job site over the weekend:0) Figures.

That is a damn good pull of bobcats Tobey! Better than I've ever been around for sure. We've killed 3 in one day before, but never could keep it up. Those are two dandys too!

WTG Tobey, that is a lot of cats
smile.gif

I will have some pic's soon.
The Cats are a groop effort of 4 of us and 4 good Hounds 2 plotts of Poul Lanies that have been at every kill so far.We have never had a 3 cat day but have come real close several times.We got 18" of fluffy snow and the temprature hasen't ben over 20 in 3 weeks.with dusting's of snow every 2 to 3 days It's been A cat hunters Paradice this year.Hope it last till Feb.

That sounds awesome Tobey. We haven't been in bobcat bonanza in quite a while. We used to live in Western Washington, there were a TON of bobcats in the hills east of Seattle. Then they banned hounds there so my dad moved to Idaho, me to MT. There aren't near the numbers of cats over here, but a guy still might tree two in a day, but usually fairly lucky to find one good runnable track every other day.

I remember in Washington with fresh snow we'd just drive by track after track looking for the biggest one!

Congrats!

Tobey,
Man send me some dang snow....snow conditions are terrible. I have caught 4 bobs...shot 2...and caught 3 lions and killed 2...my son killed a nice lion....my best so far was on two different days dogs caught a bob and a lion....Gatoman would appreciate some snow to I'm sure

Just jump in the truck and come over LOL The count is up to 18 now.Poul has a hunter here from NY He shot a 20# tom yesterday at Bay.A 24# tom this morning the dogs cought and killed before we could get there.then just before dark he shot A 30# tom that ran over his snow shoes 2 times in A thiket from Hell.George Just let me know when and I will find a room.

Chitttt Tobey,
Why don't ya just rub our noses in it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Crap sounds like your doin great...wish we would just get some dang snow to try to find one in
frown.gif
Keep it up buddy....lol....I may have to jump in a truck if we don't get some snow....I'll load up Gato's arse (have to take his truck-mine gets about 6 mpg
biggrin.gif
) and head east......lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back