Anticipation is killing me

I've never had a model 7, but the 700s I've had were all shooters. Kind of heavy and clunky, but they are accurate and reliable. Got it where it counts.

Like Christmas morning, when your parents tell you to wait till they get some coffee....

I'm glad that that hasn't been my experience.

My 700 action is clunky but very accurate. It's an older ADL and the trigger was heavy and had terrible creep. When they did the trigger recall I had them set the trigger at 3.5 lbs and it's amazing the difference it made.

The least “clunky” rifle I have ever handled as far as feel in the hand is my Remington 700 Ti. The bolt is on the wrong side but that light weight and the rounded bottom on the ADL stock where the floorplate is on a BDL sure is nice. The titanium action is kind of rough but I can live with that.

Those Ti Remingtons are great rifles. I saw one for sale chambered in .30-06 in the Missoulian classifieds here in Montana some years ago for $650. I was too late. I would have been all over that rifle. mtmuley

And here i am spending 1/10th that on a rifle.
Course by the time i'm done with it, it will have cost me more.

My 700 action is clunky but very accurate. It's an older ADL and the trigger was heavy and had terrible creep. When they did the trigger recall I had them set the trigger at 3.5 lbs and it's amazing the difference it made.

My M70 had a heavy trigger and a mile of creep. After I got it worked on, it has been a great trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back