PEAX Equipment

Antelope pics while elk hunting.

cmc

On my archery cow elk hunt I had a 6X6 bull come over a hill on a mission to get. I heard a ton of hoof sounds on the back and hoped it was elk...

Not... Antelope. So I broke out the camera.

antelope_10_jpg.jpg

antelope_4_jpg.jpg

antelope_2_jpg.jpg

antelope_9_jpg.jpg

Enjoy.
cmc

the funny thing is that in the picture of the doe looking at me right after I took the photo the two bucks stood up just to the left. The camera didn't reset fast enough for me to get a close shot at them. They stood, looked and bolted in one fell swoop like lopes are good at.

Was cool to stalk to 30 yds of them. Great wind and cover helped. To bad I was hunting elk.

And yes he is purdy...

cmc

cmc

That reminds me... I was hunting elk several years back and my buddy and I were sitting in the middle of a bull forest... ya know that nasty think stuff you can only see a few yards cuz the trees are so thick. Well we took a break to eat some food an all the sudden 6 antelope trotted by like it was there home. My bud and I looked at each other in disbelief wondering what the heck they were doing up here?

Never seen antelope up there ever again. Figured they were spooked but even if they were that area just didn't seem to be antelpe country. I guess if ya can't find them where they should be start looking elsewhere if ya got a tag.

cmc

Chris awsum lope pics.

I found out by accident that lopes will live in thick stuff pretty much year round. Ive seen the biggest lope I have ever seen in stuff that you couldnt see 20 feet.(due to pines and oaks)

It is in unit nine next to the boarder of the grandcanyon.

Delw

footinmouth.gif
We did the same thing in reverse!! We were hunting antelope in eastern Montana and had a big heard of Elk come right up to us and start to "bed" Cool. PS NO camera!
shhh.gif

Back