Antelope Hunting Hunt Area 8

I've never been called an "outfitter whore" in my life! Thanks for the love Cush. :D
Guess I might of had that one coming........... I probably should have sent a PM to help someone out of a potentially BAD situation in NE Wyoming.
I see how easy it is to get confused when applying for tags - especially out of state.

Now that the official OYOA welcoming committee has ribbed this NEWB, I hope there won't be too much more rookie hazing going on. If I get out of line again on forum protocol, please don't bite too hard. I'll probably end up like Prince John on Disney's cartoon of Robin Hood - in the corner sucking my thumb while holding my ear with the other hand and crying for my mama. ;)

I reallly like what Randy is doing with OYOA in fighting for the DIY hunter. I also appreciate that he'll go toe-toe with anyone on the NA Model of Wildlife Conservation. Thanks Randy and OYOA!

When is it legal for the NEWB's to start ribbing back? I can take quite a bit, but once the fall starts I hope I get to dish it out. My 13 year old daughter drew 3 great Wyo tags and says she's gonna go 3 for 3 just like last season. I've got 4 good Wyo tags in my pocket and super Idaho Elk and Deer tags that I miraculously drew on the same year. I hope to dish some out once they start eating dirt this fall! Never paid a trespass fee for a hunt and never been with an outfitter - unless you count a DIY drop Alaska caribou hunt - and am not gonna start anytime soon.

Glad there is a place for others who hunt like I do to meet and greet!.

- Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

My advise WIA's esp. if there are around 15,000 acres enrolled in that unit. They may also open up a lot of BLM options so check out some good maps. I would also recommend GPS hunting maps I got mine for WY. and MT. and they are awesome.....

I'm hunting 8 also, first time to hunt Wyoming or the west. I started researching in December and picked 8 because I found a ranch to hunt on for a tresspass fee.It's hard to find a place, I called about 50 ranchers in Niabrarra and Wesson county. You can get a list of land owners from the Newcastle chamber of commerce on line, Wesson county is in the northern part of 8. There is also around 19,000 acres of walk-in access in 8 according to last years map and I beleive the same this year. Some small tracts of BLM and State land, buy some BLM maps, (Lusk & Lance Creek) I got a Garmin and a Wyoming topo along with the maps and plan on checking some areas out for access, for the future. According to game warden I spoke with if a county or state road passes though BLM or state property you can hunt there. Also alot of 8 is a long way from any town for motels and stuff better start burning up the phone calling land owners and motels(I think there 2 campground in lusk) Hope this helps, I'm new to this also.

Florida Boy---Sounds like you've done a very good job looking into things from all angles and I wish you good luck on your first trip out to the Cowboy State. I've been out there almost every year since 92 and it's my home away from home.

I gotta an app for that ..FILL MY GOAT TAG APP. Yeh, just download and go baby.
I am with you JohnCushman

Thanks, Topgun 30-06. I've become kind of obsessed with research.Can't wait to get out there!! I've read your posts on other sites and found them really helpful.

Back