Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Antelope Hunting Hunt Area 8

I've never been called an "outfitter whore" in my life! Thanks for the love Cush. :D
Guess I might of had that one coming........... I probably should have sent a PM to help someone out of a potentially BAD situation in NE Wyoming.
I see how easy it is to get confused when applying for tags - especially out of state.

Now that the official OYOA welcoming committee has ribbed this NEWB, I hope there won't be too much more rookie hazing going on. If I get out of line again on forum protocol, please don't bite too hard. I'll probably end up like Prince John on Disney's cartoon of Robin Hood - in the corner sucking my thumb while holding my ear with the other hand and crying for my mama. ;)

I reallly like what Randy is doing with OYOA in fighting for the DIY hunter. I also appreciate that he'll go toe-toe with anyone on the NA Model of Wildlife Conservation. Thanks Randy and OYOA!

When is it legal for the NEWB's to start ribbing back? I can take quite a bit, but once the fall starts I hope I get to dish it out. My 13 year old daughter drew 3 great Wyo tags and says she's gonna go 3 for 3 just like last season. I've got 4 good Wyo tags in my pocket and super Idaho Elk and Deer tags that I miraculously drew on the same year. I hope to dish some out once they start eating dirt this fall! Never paid a trespass fee for a hunt and never been with an outfitter - unless you count a DIY drop Alaska caribou hunt - and am not gonna start anytime soon.

Glad there is a place for others who hunt like I do to meet and greet!.

- Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

My advise WIA's esp. if there are around 15,000 acres enrolled in that unit. They may also open up a lot of BLM options so check out some good maps. I would also recommend GPS hunting maps I got mine for WY. and MT. and they are awesome.....

I'm hunting 8 also, first time to hunt Wyoming or the west. I started researching in December and picked 8 because I found a ranch to hunt on for a tresspass fee.It's hard to find a place, I called about 50 ranchers in Niabrarra and Wesson county. You can get a list of land owners from the Newcastle chamber of commerce on line, Wesson county is in the northern part of 8. There is also around 19,000 acres of walk-in access in 8 according to last years map and I beleive the same this year. Some small tracts of BLM and State land, buy some BLM maps, (Lusk & Lance Creek) I got a Garmin and a Wyoming topo along with the maps and plan on checking some areas out for access, for the future. According to game warden I spoke with if a county or state road passes though BLM or state property you can hunt there. Also alot of 8 is a long way from any town for motels and stuff better start burning up the phone calling land owners and motels(I think there 2 campground in lusk) Hope this helps, I'm new to this also.

Florida Boy---Sounds like you've done a very good job looking into things from all angles and I wish you good luck on your first trip out to the Cowboy State. I've been out there almost every year since 92 and it's my home away from home.

I gotta an app for that ..FILL MY GOAT TAG APP. Yeh, just download and go baby.
I am with you JohnCushman

Thanks, Topgun 30-06. I've become kind of obsessed with research.Can't wait to get out there!! I've read your posts on other sites and found them really helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back