MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Antelope geek

SD_Prairie_Goat

Most who live in antelope areas will probably laugh at me, but I love driving out to rapid City for work and getting to watch the antelope.

I just find those little guys so interesting even while cruising down the interstate.

By far my favorite game to see while driving.

I can't be the only one, can I?

Needless to say I'm excited for my speed goat tag this year!

I remember being excited to see them every time I drove when I first moved out west. The locals said I’d eventually get so used to seeing them I’d quit noticing them.

That was 7+ years ago, and I still check out every group I see. Size up any bucks in the group, and just enjoy seeing them. Watching the little babies in the early summer is especially cool.

Antelope are definitely beautiful animals and I love watching them, I feel the same way about all the other big game animals too, but there is a certain something about antelope.

I see them everyday and still enjoy watching them. I enjoy it a lot more with a tag in my pocket. I’ve killed 5 of them in the past 4 years between MT and WY. I’ll be chasing them again this year.

I love watching them. In 2019, my wife and I visited Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, and then drove diagonally across to Rocky Mountain National Park. My wife knows that I go crazy over seeing game as we are driving. As we were driving across the state of WY, we saw tons. i would count them across the landscape. The more that I kept seeing them, she then jumped on board and started picking them out throughout the state and counting them herself. I got her hooked liked I am on seeing them.

I grew up in MN and then moved to NW ND. From there I came to WY. I still excited seeing them on my travels. I hope it never goes away! Hopefully next year will be my first year with a tag in my pocket! Last year I was along as my wife shot her first pronghorn doe, and I loved every second of being out there for them!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who geeks out to them.

On road trips my GF gets tired of me screaming prairie goat every time I see one haha.

Same goes for roosters

Anytime we've driven west on a hunting trip, the first antelope we spot (usually in Texas) is a happy moment.

I love spotting deer while driving anywhere here in the south (or bear when going to the coast) but seeing antelope is 2× as exciting.

Funny thread. When I travel from MN to WY, I have a contest with my wife to see who can spot the first one. Gives us something to do while driving through western SD.
Where do you normally spot one? This last time I went out, I saw one out by murdo. That's the furthest east I've seen one yet

I also enjoy watching antelope, as well as other game animals. I also think that antelope are so pretty that I have 7 shoulder mounts of them in my Trophy Room.

There is a small herd of them that hangs out around our gun range. Last week I was practicing on the rifle range on targets out to 430 yards, and there was 8 antelope feeding and laying down 50 - 100 yards past the 430 yard berm.

They often feed across the fallout zone of our Skeet and Trap ranges. In two different springs, a doe dropped her fawn in the fallout zone of our Skeet field. We saw her lie down in the grass, and when she got up, a several minute old fawn followed her.

Here I'm shooting Station Low 8 on the Skeet field and several antelope are grazing not 50 yards from me.
F7vgRZcl.jpg

I also enjoy watching antelope, as well as other game animals. I also think that antelope are so pretty that I have 7 shoulder mounts of them in my Trophy Room.

There is a small herd of them that hangs out around our gun range. Last week I was practicing on the rifle range on targets out to 430 yards, and there was 8 antelope feeding and laying down 50 - 100 yards past the 430 yard berm.

They often feed across the fallout zone of our Skeet and Trap ranges. In two different springs, a doe dropped her fawn in the fallout zone of our Skeet field. We saw her lie down in the grass, and when she got up, a several minute old fawn followed her.

Here I'm shooting Station Low 8 on the Skeet field and several antelope are grazing not 50 yards from me.
F7vgRZcl.jpg
Aren't scared of guns until you start shooting at them huh?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back