Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Another successful Wyoming lope trip

deer_shooter

We just got back from another fun trip to Wyoming for lopes. The trip started off a little rocky – as I was pulling out of the driveway, my alternator fried. Literally. Torched the connector and part of the wiring harness. A trip to Napa, a call to my father-in-law (mechanic) and about 4 hours later we were underway.
The wife insists on some comfort so I end up taking way more stuff than my solo trips. Yes, all that stuff will fit in the truck!
photo (4).jpg
Maybe I picked the wrong week but this year we saw way more hunters that previous years. Lots of road hunters cruising prime areas which pushed the lopers much deeper into the unit. I was able to find a small herd on the second day and put a stalk on. I was able to drop him from 280 yards with my 7MM.
photo (3).jpg

Congrats on a great trip. Not sure what beats a Wyoming pronghorn hunt for pure pleasure.

I agree - those pronghorns are a hoot to hunt. Glad you had a good trip. I bet the public ground in the left over units was crawling with folks this year. Congrats.

I agree - those pronghorns are a hoot to hunt. Glad you had a good trip. I bet the public ground in the left over units was crawling with folks this year. Congrats.

I was amazed at the numbers of trucks running the BLM roads. The last two years we saw one or two hunters all week. This year there were at least 5 trucks running the area all day long.
I took a walk to a different area where one can slip in to the BLM off or I25 and found 5 does shot and left to rot. Pretty disheartening.

Very well done! You're lucky with the wife, I may have had to bring the supplies and tools to build a cabin with plumbing... ;)

Congratulations on that buck.
Now that I've gotten older I prefer to be comfortable even if it means hauling my trailer up the mountain.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back