Another hunter mauled

We packed a 6x6 out Sunday night. Knowing grizzlies are around keeps you on your toes. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a grizzly on that carcass before daylight.

Last edited:
Aren’t they precious and cuddly. We definitely more of these beautiful animals around.

Who says risk needs to be reduced?

If we would follow what is recommended by state wildlife agencies about putting a hunting season on bears and think less at emotional level regarding bears I think that would reduce some of the risk of human bear interaction.
Being from Kansas I personally don’t give a shit if you guys in Montana, Idaho,and Wyoming want a bear on every acre. Just don’t be crying your eyes out when your ungulate population is decimated. The bears will be doing bear things.
In a modern wildlife management era an apex predator such as a grizzly bear can I just be given a free pass and their population left to grow completely unchecked. The whole historic range argument is BS, they are moving the goalpost.

Last edited:
Well, at least it’s safer now since the last hunter wounded the bear. /sarcasm

If we would follow what is recommended by state wildlife agencies about putting a hunting season on bears and think less at emotional level regarding bears I think that would reduce some of the risk of human bear interaction.
Being from Kansas I personally don’t give a shit if you guys in Montana, Idaho,and Wyoming want a bear on every acre. Just don’t be crying your eyes out when your ungulate population is decimated. The bears will be doing bear things.
In a modern wildlife management era an apex predator such as a grizzly bear can I just be given a free pass and their population left to grow completely unchecked. The whole historic range argument is BS, they are moving the goalpost.

It would likely have no bearing whatsoever on this recent uptick of attacks. 1) Hunting bears isn’t likely to alter population behaviors at all and 2) this population wouldn’t likely be slated as one to hunt.

There are two things at work here. There are more bears than ever, and also, more and more people stumbling around the area hunting, hiking, picking posies, or whatever. This country is now bear habitat and people had better get used to it. A person makes a conscious decision, as to where he/she hunts, and also has to deal with the potential risk. No sympathy here, for the bears, or the people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back