PEAX Equipment

Another Hoosier

Mkamman

Hello all
Been lurking for a while so I thought I’d introduce myself. 37 from southern Indiana with 31 years of whitetail and small game experience. Last year was my first western hunt, Colorado archery otc. Didn’t bring one home but had close encounters and a great time. Looks like I’ll be heading west every year if possible. Looking forward to leaning from and possible meeting some of you!

Thanks
Question for the fellow Hoosiers.
Have any of you done the state park reduction hunts? I’m fortunate enough to have plenty of private land to hunt but I have a friend who wants to fill his freezer and no where to hunt. Suggested we apply for a few and I’d help him out if we drew. Well we drew Harmonie, Lincoln and Maskatuck. Didn’t see that coming. Three tags apiece at each place.

Thanks
Question for the fellow Hoosiers.
Have any of you done the state park reduction hunts? I’m fortunate enough to have plenty of private land to hunt but I have a friend who wants to fill his freezer and no where to hunt. Suggested we apply for a few and I’d help him out if we drew. Well we drew Harmonie, Lincoln and Maskatuck. Didn’t see that coming. Three tags apiece at each place.
I have never personally been on one but my dad has been on several at the dunes state park. I would scout and look for areas where they will want to hide once the shooting starts and sit out there as long as you can. They will get pushed around a lot.

Welcome again from a Hoosier now here in CO! Never hunted the SP hunts in IN. We have our own IN area in the "state specific" section on here and I would also suggest checking out https://hunt-indiana.com/ for lots of IN specific info. Good folks there too and Woody (like Randy) does a good job of moderating.

Back