Caribou Gear Tarp

Another good hunt in Wy

174in

Took my dad headed out for Wyoming pronghorn on Sunday morning and drove 950miles to our destination. We scouted the unit for a day before the opener and decided to hunt the area I filled my buck tag last year and sent my dad where another hunter from our group last year shot a good buck.
There were a few less animals this year and a lot more hunters in the unit. Being mostly road hunters in the area it wasn't hard to get away from the crowed if you were willing to walk.
I ended up being about 2.5 miles back in the state/BLM land when I got a 319yd shot on a decent buck. When I pulled the trigger on my new rifle I had built I saw the buck rock back and rear up then heard the bullet hit. The buck only had to run about 15 yards to get behind a knob where I couldn't see him go down. Anyhow it took me about 2 hours to find him because of the terrain and sage brush but finally I saw a patch of white laying in some sage and there he was. This is the biggest buck I have shot out there and he grossed just under 70".

My dad was able to shoot a bigger buck Id say has to be close to 75" gross. Sorry I didn't get any pics of that one by the time I got mine back to the truck helping my dad with his it didn't cross my mind that I didn't get any of his.I will try to get some photos from his camera and post them up.
I had one doe tag to fill and we decide that I could probably fill that the second day before we headed for home since bad weather was coming. Well the next day we didn't see a singe antelope on public land so I came home with that tag unfilled,thats hunting I guess. All in all it was a great time!

Congrats on the lopes and a hunt with your father. Anytime you can hunt with family and friends it is always a great memory to have.

Good deal, congrats on the goats. I so wish my dad and I would have drawn our tags this year.

Yea thanks guys my dad is been in remission for a little over a year now and I know he enjoys hunting out there so id like to get him out there as much as possible because you never know. He has done pretty good. Two years ago when we were out there he could tell something wasn't right and was diagnosed with hairy cell lukemea in Jan of 2012. The first year I took him in 2010 I pretty much had to drag him out there but now he jumps all over the offer without even thinking about it LOL.

Congrats to the two of you! Keep on going with Dad. The memories will be worth it. I wish I'd have taken more time to do trips with my dad.

Congrats on a great hunt.Glad your dad is doing well.

You did the right thing by getting out when you did. Casper north got 8 inches last night and is expecting over 20 today! :eek:

I wonder how far it will follow you East?

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Congrats on your hunt with your dad,once in awhile everything works out when you put in the effort.I will be taking my grandson out on Oct 10th near Shoshoni,hope his hunt is as good as yours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back