MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Another Exclusive Vangaurd Rifle

Hard pass for me. Like others have said I'm sure theyll sell plenty of them. I'm wondering if it comes with a complimentary flat bill? Spiral fluted bolts are one thing spiraling the barrel looks god awful.

I have been looking at Vanguads because I have Remington Winchester & Ruger and would just like to try one as well. Just FYI my Brothers is Excellent wood stock 30-06.
Do I think it will out shoot my other rifles I doubt it as they all shoot very well, but I would expect the Vanguard would as well.

I'm not a gun nut so I can't get into the chemistry of things on what makes a rifle better. My opinion is the tikka is better gun.

I'm not a gun nut so I can't get into the chemistry of things on what makes a rifle better. My opinion is the tikka is better gun.
Have you looked at the Tikka Veil?
Personally if I was going to go $$ above the stock T3x stainless in a factory gun I wouldn't stop until I got to a Fieldcraft. Lots of features to like about all these though. Used to be there wasn't much in the $800-$1200 range but a Kimber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked at the Tikka Veil?
Personally if I was going to go $$ above the stock T3x stainless in a factory gun I wouldn't stop until I got to a Fieldcraft. Lots of features to like about all these though. Used to be there wasn't much in the $800-$1200 range but a Kimber.
And for a Fieldcraft you're mostly looking at the used market since they have suspended production. That said, there's a whole lot I like about those. I'll probably just keep slumming my current rifle, which is unfortunately not a Fieldcraft, until I get the boys gunned up better.

The spiral fluting seems like it would be difficult to keep clean. I dont like it.

That said, for $950 you can order custom weatherby with fiberglass stock, cerakoting, and muzzle brake. Also has 2 stage trigger and 3 position safety. Not a bad deal really.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back