Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Another Exclusive Vangaurd Rifle

Hard pass for me. Like others have said I'm sure theyll sell plenty of them. I'm wondering if it comes with a complimentary flat bill? Spiral fluted bolts are one thing spiraling the barrel looks god awful.

I have been looking at Vanguads because I have Remington Winchester & Ruger and would just like to try one as well. Just FYI my Brothers is Excellent wood stock 30-06.
Do I think it will out shoot my other rifles I doubt it as they all shoot very well, but I would expect the Vanguard would as well.

I'm not a gun nut so I can't get into the chemistry of things on what makes a rifle better. My opinion is the tikka is better gun.

I'm not a gun nut so I can't get into the chemistry of things on what makes a rifle better. My opinion is the tikka is better gun.
Have you looked at the Tikka Veil?
Personally if I was going to go $$ above the stock T3x stainless in a factory gun I wouldn't stop until I got to a Fieldcraft. Lots of features to like about all these though. Used to be there wasn't much in the $800-$1200 range but a Kimber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked at the Tikka Veil?
Personally if I was going to go $$ above the stock T3x stainless in a factory gun I wouldn't stop until I got to a Fieldcraft. Lots of features to like about all these though. Used to be there wasn't much in the $800-$1200 range but a Kimber.
And for a Fieldcraft you're mostly looking at the used market since they have suspended production. That said, there's a whole lot I like about those. I'll probably just keep slumming my current rifle, which is unfortunately not a Fieldcraft, until I get the boys gunned up better.

The spiral fluting seems like it would be difficult to keep clean. I dont like it.

That said, for $950 you can order custom weatherby with fiberglass stock, cerakoting, and muzzle brake. Also has 2 stage trigger and 3 position safety. Not a bad deal really.

Back